ForumsSupport ForumReferrals...

16 3944
Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Can some people that dont even know you,look at your profile,and make like 500 'multis' and all of them are referred by you?
I mean,some people get banned because of some bad people.(Not sure)
I readed the "Read before posting" thingy again and this is whats in the section "Referrals":
2. What is a referral?
By referring friends, neighbors, or others to the site, you earn points! Referrals can be acquired by visiting either the Link-to-us page or by copying and pasting the link given in your profile control panel. Referral points are only rewarded after the user clicks the link and signs up for an account. Any abuse found in creating multiple accounts to earn points will result in a ban from the website.

It doesnt explains anything from what im asking,so here i am.
The question is...
Can some people make referrals for you without asking you?
Thanks in advance...

• 16 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Yes they can. Alot of people that post their referral link on their walls don't care if random people click it. So yes, you can get referrals without your consent...

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

They can if they type in the link in the address bar, or they can just use the link a whole bunch.

Why would they want to do that though?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yes or course they can, that is why many people lose their referrals, because other people are cheating for them. And they might not even know.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

No, people do not lose their referrals because others are cheating for them. People lose their referrals because they themselves make a bunch of different profiles using their comment link. If someone uses your referral link, and they do not already have an account here (or if for some reason they *try* to get you in trouble and make a bunch of different accounts) then the person whose link was used will not be in trouble.

Basically, a referral is supposed to be for you to give out to your friends, or put on your MySpace, to draw new people and your friends onto the site!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I like how AG really keeps tight on how you earn referrals. However, I have tried to refer people here and the have made accounts but I have not gotten referrals. It is no big deal to me but I would still like to get the points for it.

Is there a way that YOU can make referrals without having other people make an account? I have been told that you can do that but I don't see how it's possible.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

The only way a referral can be achieved is to have another person sign up correctly using your referral link. If you yourself were to 'make' a referral, it would be cheating, and you would be found out.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Basically, a referral is supposed to be for you to give out to your friends, or put on your MySpace, to draw new people and your friends onto the site!

Yeah thats true,but some people create accounts and never use them again,and the person whos the referrer seems like hes cheating.
Just wondering though,its not that important.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah thats true,but some people create accounts and never use them again,and the person whos the referrer seems like hes cheating.
Just wondering though,its not that important.

We keep an eye on this, and delete referrals which we think are spam. If you have reason to believe someone is getting fake referrals, please let a moderator or myself know.
kirkus333
kirkus333
118 posts
Nomad

refferals are soo stupid, they don't even work almost 30 people joined because of me!

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Haha ok thanks Carlie, now i understand.

refferals are soo stupid, they don't even work almost 30 people joined because of me!

You gotta learn to use them.
zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

I would think that to change this ever lasting referral problem you could, instead of just having them click the link and join, have them gain 15 AP as well in that way the referral problem would be over cause it would be a lot easier for some one to gain 15 points than to have to make a new account from a referral and gain 15 points on that new account just for 10 points.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

What exactly is the point of referrals if users are just going to create fake account to recieve more points from referrals.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

@DragonMistress I know that I would be found out and I know ow a referral is made BUT, awhile back I clicked on my referral link and made an account. It didn't work so I think that it only works if someone who doesn't have a account and hasn't logged on beofre can give you a referral.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

What exactly is the point of referrals if users are just going to create fake account to recieve more points from referrals.

As aforementioned, the point of referrals is to get some credit for bringing your friends on to Armor Games. I think it is silly to get points for it, as it has become more of a hassle than anything...

@DragonMistress I know that I would be found out and I know ow a referral is made BUT, awhile back I clicked on my referral link and made an account. It didn't work so I think that it only works if someone who doesn't have a account and hasn't logged on beofre can give you a referral.

First of all, don't do that again. Secondly, I'm not exactly sure why it didn't work, seems referrals (even legit ones) have been acting up a bit recently. I do know that people have been caught with false referrals and had all their points taken away, so don't )
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Sorry I was just trying to direct the comment to you

Well it doesn't matter to me. You can't really get a lot of referrals on this site or else the mods will really be srtict on you about it.

Showing 1-15 of 16