ForumsNews and FeedbackNew commenting system on Dead Zone

8 4849
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Has anybody tried out the new commenting system on Dead Zone? Let us know your thoughts about it.

• 8 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Oh I've used these types before on like news sites and yahoo and stuff... I have a feeling it's going to be a lot more off topic though and by reading the first page it gives you proof already But it's nice overall, not that I play Dead Zone anymore... lol

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I have already noticed new commenting system on Last Stand: Dead Zone.
At first glance, I was confused and surprised at the same time. I
wonder is this exclusively for the game Last Stand: Dead Zone?
Because I have not noticed the same commenting system on the other
MMOs. Which leads me to another question: Is this a beta testing
of completely new commenting system which will be applied to all games
and not only for MMOs?

And now a few words about the system itself.The system appears to be
more advanced than previous,I like the option where you can reply
directly to the comment which deepens the discussion.The system is
now much more alive and in many ways resembles on some live-chat!
There are also some advanced features, like sharing on Twitter and
Facebook, image sharing on chat and much else.But for my taste there are
too many things. Why? So many options can lead this new commenting system in a totally wrong direction,as I have already noticed, too many comments are already off topic,people use this as facebook chat,and rarely they stick to the main thread.

Feature: Star this discussion

I have not found a way to properly use this feature yet. The discussion is
a wide term,so do I have to mark with the star full discussion including
all of its comments,or I can mark individual comments for which I believe
they are helpful?

This is associated with the following feature: Top Commenters

Does this encourages spam? Because I noticed that the person with the highest number of comments occupies the leading position in the list. Wouldn't be more logical to establish a connection between total number of comments and comments that are marked with a star,and based on that to perform a calculation which will determine the leading position? Because the quality is not the same as the quantity!

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

First things first: I still can't load LSDZ of late, unless I disable all of my Firefox add-ons, as reported on here

It's no skin off my back, since have no great intention of playing it. Just thought I'd mention it. What to unblock where for it I can't think of just like that.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

What to unblock where for it I can't think of just like that.

... Although in fact, Ghostery weeds out some 11-12 gadgets there, depending on my toying around with it.

Would probably need to allow a combination of them to get it to work. As said, I can't be bothered, but, FYI.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for the feedback, we're still trying to decide if it's a good fit for all our game pages.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I like it.
The Reply system: Easy way to get a quick answer to a question and know someone is directly responding to you.

Edit system: Help us to add on or subtract when needed, but it needs a fine line so that there can't be changing if people come to cite it for abuse.

My Disqus: Probably sounding stupid, but what is this? I have never heard of it before. I guess if it sends notifications that could be interesting....

Share system: Works well and can bring more people into armorgames I think it is a good recruiting tool because people can put things from AG on to Social Network sites.

Community system: I think it is pretty good, think will this take away from the forum discussion? I like the stats tho!

~~Black~~

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

My Disqus: Probably sounding stupid, but what is this?

Probably this: http://disqus.com/ .

All I know is it seems to power reply/commenty forms on many sites these days.
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@Ferret

Thanks for the feedback, we're still trying to decide if it's a good fit for all our game pages.

That's why I was afraid of.

Let me clarify,such a system might be very useful for MMOs, but only and
exclusively for MMOs. Why?

-MMO Definition
MMO (Massively multiplayer online game), a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously.
Source: Wikipedia

-New Content
MMO games are very dynamic. New content,patches are a daily occurrence. So, it is certain that people want to discuss about it. That is justified and there is a point (purpose).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new commenting system on other games (not MMOs)

I absolutely disagree with implementing such a system in other games. Why?

-All other games are static,rarely you will see a new content,and even more rarely you will try that new content. Generally these games are for the single use, but as always there are exceptions!

-If you want to turn this into a chatroom,do not forget that there are forums
for such a purposes. Eventually,you will say goodbye to the forum. Activity,
which is already small,will continue to drop to such an extent that you will
ask yourself a question: Do we need a forum? Well,no!

-You can definitely expect massive spam, ad-spam, bots, trolls, flamers....
And that's a fact!

-The number of constructive comments would approach to zero!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember that this is just my opinion if you want to quote or do anything similar.
Showing 1-8 of 8