ForumsSupport ForumMy Profile Your Points

15 3012
julesia95
julesia95
88 posts
Nomad

I noticed a flaw in armorgames. A week ago I went over to my friends house and got on armorgames.com. I logged in and went to play the Fancy Pants Adventure World 2. On my computer I have all of the colors and trophies, but when I was on her computer it said I only had 4 of each. Apparently the scores go with the computer. I think that your username should come along with your scores because you should always have what you've worked for. But, what does everyone else think about this topic?

• 15 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

so this isn't a matter of armor points, just a matter of highscores and game trophies? Well, the administration and design team are working hard on some profile updates so they probably won't worry about this yet. Just remember that armor games 2.0 is still young and has some kinks in the system. Just give it sometime before we pin point each and every problem.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean by "colors and trophies". Im not sure if that is a Fancy Pants thing or a profile thing.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Scores are linked to IP address, so if you got a new interent service you'd loose them. Unfournately I don't think its possible to link scores to usernames.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Well it's hard to do that, because games are submitted from different people and different sites. So it's hard to do that with all of the games. I'm sure they would have to put the coding in and everything for like every game.

Also if you haven't noticed, the scores aren't on your user name on your computer. It's saved on your computer. That's why when you do High-scores, you can choose whatever name you want.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well some people to play with a profile you know. So they are going to keep it at Ip address/computer.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by "colors and trophies". Im not sure if that is a Fancy Pants thing or a profile thing.

Definately an FP thing, nothing like that exists on your profile, and fancy pant has both multi-colored pants, and trophies.
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Most Flash games that have "Saves" are saved through Cookies. You may notice that if you clear your cookies, you will clear any progress you have. The only way that your achievements could ever be linked to your own profile would be with AG specific games, and I think that would be a *lot* of work, for only a few games. AG supports games from all different creators, and the other authors would have to be in on a way to do this.

IE: Too much work for what its worth.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

As far as points and ranks go, it may have been an issue with your friends computer. When I sign in to different computers, it shows up just fine for me.

DM is right about the Saved games though. However, this is the only thing that should be affected.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok so this is for Fancy Pants.

Yea as they already said, it is saved through a IP adress or a cookies type of thing. Some may use your computer settings to save too. I have played many games that ask permission to use your personal settings on your computer to save.

So that is why it's happening.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

DM is right

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

The scores and the trophies and the pants color (I have played TFPA2 by myself and got all that stuff) are saved in your temporal files.
If in him/her computer you only had 4 its because HE/SHE has 4.
Temporal files = Cookies
Not sure though :|

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well,when I go to my friends I still have to start a new save on the game Pillage the Village but I really don't care because when I get back to my house I can go back to my save.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

maybe you erased your memories
right click
click the 3rd(folder picture)bottom tab
you will see how much you can save and how much U are currently saving.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

FP saves to your hard drive in the form of a cookie. Almost all autosave games do something like that.

JaGgEdGe
JaGgEdGe
75 posts
Peasant

There is no way for the site to save memory to certain profiles. That amount of bandwidth would cause a ridiculous amount of money. The game data is stored in cookies on your personal computer. If you go to internet options and delete cookies and files, you would lose your game data.

Showing 1-15 of 15