ForumsWEPRAnother U.S. Civil War?

22 12188
chrystalfox
chrystalfox
20 posts
Nomad

This was partially brought on by the World War Three thread by roydotor2000, but has been on my mind for a while. I may just totally be off my computer chair, but is there enough tension in the U.S. for another Civil War? Or will there ever be?

• 22 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

For that perhaps add liberals maybe but get the message.

For most part, the term liberal can be used interchangeably with Democrat, although there are gaps.

Thank you, finally Em puts it in nicer words with good common sense.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

radical Democrats

A contradiction in terms? ;-P

(Never mind. As with "liberal=democrat," this can only be so from a US perspective, in my never so humble opinion. & Pity the nation that has no further categories to go by, nor indeed anything more "radical" than that!)
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

According to Wikipedia, Democracy is a corrupted version of Timocracy. Both of which sucked, 'cuz of the tyranny of the general populance and the love of honor. The only alternative is Meritocracy or Technocracy.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

According to Wikipedia, Democracy is a corrupted version of Timocracy. Both of which sucked, 'cuz of the tyranny of the general populance and the love of honor. The only alternative is Meritocracy or Technocracy.

Well, you sometimes need to step away from textbook definitions and approach the situation as it is on the ground, otherwise, all you would achieve is have a hypothetical classroom discussion.

In any case, a meritocracy is less a political arrangement system, than a system of advancement; you can be both democratic (US Voting system), and meritocratic ( Anyone who works hard enough and gets the relevant education degrees can become President). The same applies for a technocracy, but we digress.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I don't think three will ever be one, but as an update parts of Colorado voted to secede form the rest of colorado!

~~Black~~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

but as an update parts of Colorado voted to secede form the rest of colorado!

Source?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think this would be it Pang.

Showing 16-22 of 22