ForumsForum GamesGrey Dawn (Dragon Age RP)

122 24198
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

What if in Dragon Age Origins there was more than just one hero? The first battle against the Darkspawn was won and the king survived? This is all about new and different events that will cause a far different game.

You are one of many conscripted to undergo the rigorous trials of iniatoin into the ranks of the famous Grey Wardens as the threat of another Darkspawn invasion is imminent with the confirmation of a Archdemon made by the skilled and lucky scout, Reylan. His efforts allowed for the many races to prepare although the elves and dwarves believe that they will fare better to fight them on their own. King Cailan gathers his army with the new Grey Warden in hopes to quickly kill the Archdemon. Can you find glory in the midst of battle or will you fall as so many have before the evil Darkspawn?

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf)
Background: (High-class, middle-class, low-class)

There also may be a Darkspawn race when we get to the DLC parts and I am open for any suggestions but I am limiting the numbers of Grey Wardens to 10.

• 122 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Storm Keket Dragon
Race: Elf
Background: High-class Dalish elf

I hope it was okay that I chose to be a Dalish elf and can I please be a rouge?

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

New Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf)
Class: (Rogue, Mage, Warrior. You can specialized your class like say blood mage, Thief, knight or any sub-class you can think of)
Background: (High-class, middle-class, low-class)
Description: (What he/she is like and physical appearance)
History: (The events that led up to you joining the grey wardens)

Nice to see you again Storm but Yes you can be a Dalish elf rogue. I also updated the character fill-out sheet if you want to fill it out again. It will allow for more background if you wish.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Therious Stormloag
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Background: High-class
Description: 6'2", blue eyes, black hair.
History: I dont even know...i just want to fight an adventure

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

hey, that just as good a reason as any. Once we get three applicants the adventure shall begin

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

well if no one else wants to join at this point we'll just get a move on.

You can truly believe this is happening whether you wanted to or not but here you stand beside some 50 others all waiting for the chance to be part of the famous Grey Wardens. The Warden Commander Duncan has been rounding up some of the finest and most promising people from all over dwarves, elves, and humans. You are amongst the rest of the initiates when Duncan finally takes stage in front of you "You are the best Ferelden has to offer and I know that this did not come easy for you whether you are by choice or otherwise. It don't not change the fact we face a extremely dangerous for that only the Grey Wardens can truly conquer. Before you can call yourselves Wardens you must undergo your first trials." As Duncan says this a young warden by the name of Alistair comes by Duncan's side. "This is my second who will lead you tomorrow to recon and hopefully recover vials of blood from the Darkspawn. It will be no training mission and the threat very real but if I did not believe you could handle it then you would not be here." he says then clears his throat "For now eat, drink, sleep and enjoy yourselves because it will be that last you might be able to. I wish you all luck on your mission tomorrow." he says finally before stepping down. There are quite of a lot of people here but only a few stand out amongst them. A surprisingly tall Dalish elf adorned with tattooes bearing a face that says "Don't mess with me.", A incredibly beautiful human female in very heavy armor, a dwarf male that is also wearing heavy armor but is scarred and despite his rough outside he is the life of party with some of the other wardens, a human male mage that is propped up against the side of ruin castle wall, staff locked in his arms, a female elf that is definitely one from the capital city of Ferelden and she looks scared and helpless but there must be more than that if she is here. You have the entire day to do as you please so what will you do? You feel pretty safe considering the hundreds of 'normal' soldiers around you.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Lyali Aleanathem
Class: Rogue
Background: High-class, Dalish elf
Description: Lyali is of average height and weight for her race. She has short white hair with dark red highlights. She dresses like the tomboy she is and her wild raising shows along with her playfulness more often then most would like.
History: Lyali was born to a Dalish tribe that lives in the Korcari Wilds. Lyali's mom, Kynis, is the sister of her tribe's current leader. Her dad, Sizair, is a great hunter who like his wife thinks that the elves should team up with the humans and drawves to handle this problem. Because of this Lyali was sent to the nearest human settlement to find the Gray Wardens and to try to become a part of them. After finding them Lyali is very glad that her parents knew her well enough to suggest her to the group that will be getting most of the action.

Sorry for answering so late. I changed the name to something that sounded more elfish.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

It's fine. You character has a free day in the camp to talk to others characters and enjoy herself

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description: Lyali is of average height and weight for her race. She has short white hair with dark red highlights. She dresses like the tomboy she is and her wild raising shows along with her playfulness more often then most would like.
History: Lyali was born to a Dalish tribe that lives in the Korcari Wilds. Lyali's mom, Kynis, is the sister of her tribe's current leader. Her dad, Sizair, is a great hunter who like his wife thinks that the elves should team up with the humans and drawves to handle this problem. Because of this Lyali was sent to the nearest human settlement to find the Gray Wardens and to try to become a part of them. After finding them Lyali is very glad that her parents knew her well enough to suggest her to the group that will be getting most of the action.

Once the speech was over I looked around and took note of where the food was as well as the dog pen for the Morabi war hounds. Then I deiced to grab some food and then see if any of the dogs were unowned cause I always wanted to own one.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

A very weathered middle-age soldier was attending the dogs when he notices you and is at first a little suspicious but he quickly realizes you must be with the Grey Wardens so he appoarches you with a smile "You seem interested in these dogs. Truth be told there is no better companion. Most of these dogs are spoken but this one was with one of recon units when its master died.." He says pointing at a Morabi war hound lying down seemingly depressed "It hasn't eaten since or even moved really. Tell you what, you get it to eat and not bite your hand off, You can take him with you." He offers

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I smile at the idea and quietly walk into the dog's pen. "Hi there, my name is Lyali." I say with a smile and try to cheer the dog up before offering him/her some food.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The Dog scans you as you enter, luckily not bearing his teeth. As you get close, He moves to sniff you and for a short moment it appears he is about to bite but instead calmly licks your hand with a slow wag of his tag then moves his head down to the food and takes small bites. The Trainer is astonished and scratches his head "Well I'll be ****ed but I keep my promises plus he might serve you and the Grey Wardens better." He holds out his hand with a collar beautifully designed "Here, You get to name him now that he is yours." He says and the dog barks happily

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Pet(s): Deathbite(Marabi War hound)

OOC: I'm switching from 1st person in my writing to 3rd because it suites my style of rp better and I updated my character sheet to include a spot for the hound.

IC:Lyali could barely hold in her excitement as she took the collar and put it around the warhound's neck. "How dose Deathbite sound?" She asked him cause she wanted him to be happy with his new name.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

OOC: That's a good idea for the character sheet and you play how you want.

IC: The dog barks happy at its new name and wags its stumpy tail. The Trainer lets out a small chuckle and tends to the other dogs. It is the. A voice rings out that is not trainers. It is much younger and less hoarse "Making friends already? Not my first choice but hey, they say nothing is more loyal than Morabi War Hound." He lets out a small laugh "My name is Alistair, Grey Warden and yadda yadda yadda..." He is Duncan's second but he looks no more fit to command than anyone else. It quite funny that Duncan is much more aged than his supposed second.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Pet(s): Deathbite(Marabi War hound)

OOC: You had to put Alistair near me and I'm in love with him tries not to fangirl or spaz.

IC:"It's nice meeting you. My name is Lyali." She says with a smile before answering the question. "Yes and can I take him with me?" Lyali ask Alistair even though it would probably be wiser to ask Ducan if Deathbite can go with her on the quest that all of the Gray Wardens in training have to go through tomorrow.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

OOC: Haha, of course. He's gotta be involved or it isn't the same.

IC: Alistair pauses for a moment before saying a little smug "I really would love to bring uh DeathBite, is it? But the mission tomorrow is for Grey Wardens only, sorry." He says "Although I'm sure big ol' teddy bear here will be happy to take care of him, right?" He smugly asks with a smile and the trainer gives him a evil eye before ignoring him and looking at you with a warm smile "It would be my pleasure, young elf. He'll be here for you when you return." He says in his deep voice as Alistair steps over and gives him a single tap on the back "See? All is good. Are you a...Dalish Elf by chance? There is only one other here and well, he speaks like he's got a spear up his arse" He says with a laugh.

Showing 1-15 of 122