27 posts
Farmer

aussies smashing the poms in cricket haha good times

• 9 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Not good times, I like them bloody pommies.

At least someone here watches cricket.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Is this realy considered a "world event"?! (oO)
... *rubs beard* ...
Nope... Tavern stuff Isayheth!

Moving from WEPR to Tavern! =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh pooh, yes, not many folks want to the sport....

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Only man in the English squad to make a ton is from New Zealand, where's K34 when you need some quality banter?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Auckland University would be my guess....

Well, Australia are on top now I guess. What's it again, 32-31?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Yup, I think it might stay like that for awhile as I don't know when we next play the poms. It's usually 4 years but I think it might be 2015/16 in England next. Australia's touring South Africa in a few months, so I think it will be quite a shock to go from a 5-0 whitewash to playing the #1 team in the world. It's probably gonna be a wakeup call for a lot of players, and if things go badly we could see players like Mitch Johnson losing their temporary excellent form and Australian cricket could be in disarray again. I hope and expect our momentum to carry onto our T20 and ODIs against England.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Hopefully it won't be a whitewash......Yes it's in England, the venues were already decided. Could be quite a decade for cricket fans, what with all the rescheduling.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It will either be 4-0 or 5-0, there's no hope for England. SCG is a spinner's pitch and Cook has no faith in Monty. Momentum is all our way whilst the English players are a mess. Cook is a boring captain always caught in two minds and his form with the bat has been poor for over a year. Our players are confident and fit besides Watto, and every Aussie batsman besides Bailey has made a century. Faulkner is a capable replacement if Watto is out due to injury, in fact he's likely to outshine whoever he replaces.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Amazing thing is that the Aussies have remained more or less unchanged in their line ups.

Showing 1-9 of 9