ForumsThe TavernOn being a pleasant person

13 3695
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

'Sup AGers and happy holidays! Thought I might as well try to get some conversation going as I imagine many of ya'lls are as bored as I am, what with it being winter break for a good number of us.

This thread is NOT intended to discuss issues of morality or "goodness" or what have you, as that is rather too serious of a topic for me at the moment. Rather, I thought we might talk about the kinds of things that make people seem nice or friendly (or the opposite), on both the internets and in real life.

To start us off, I take strong note of how people react when another person makes a (perceived) mistake. Do they assume the worst? Or try to gather more information? Like when someone posts a link to an article, and then someone else makes some comment not in line content of the article. I feel like all too often the poster of the link will say something like "Did you even read the article?" or "Learn to read" or something of that nature. They could just as easily say "I think you may have misread a line or two:" and then quote the relevant part of the article.

Anyway, just something I was thinking about.

• 13 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 13