ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] YouTube

7 8443
shnipel
shnipel
3 posts
Shepherd

how to turn off the video when downloading games?

• 7 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You mean the advertisement before the game starts? There is a "Skip this ad" button in the right bottom corner of the ad most of the time, but sometimes this fails to show up...
If this instant happens, you simply need to wait untill it finishes to be able to play the game. I don't know if the button shows up when refreshing though... I haven't seen it appear when attempting this. =)

shnipel
shnipel
3 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, about that video. But this video is spam. On your home computer does not have, but work traffic limit, so I want to remove, or to understand why a working computer loaded video.Using Google translator

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Trying my best to understand..I'm guessing English isn't your first language?

Maybe try having adblock..?

shnipel
shnipel
3 posts
Shepherd

adblock, no script and other - dont help.
tried to block youtube in antivirus - the game ceases to be loaded

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm guessing you're having issues with loading the games because of the ads. There's some useful information in this thread that could help you with your problem:

[MAIN THREAD] Black Screen - Answer Page #10 Questions

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The short answer here is you don't turn off the video. That's how we run the website and get revenue to fund it.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

how to turn off the video when downloading games?

But this video is spam. On your home computer does not have, but work traffic limit, so I want to remove, or to understand why a working computer loaded video.

adblock, no script and other - dont help.
tried to block youtube in antivirus - the game ceases to be loaded

I think Shnipel can play the games alright, but just wants to be rid of the ads.

It isn't spam, it is indeed an ad, to help support this site, as Ferret said.

Accessing the video ad, but not letting it load, you probably and as you report will indeed not be able to play the game, which starts after the video ends.

There must be some difference between your home and work set-up, which explains why it works on the one, not the other.

The short answer #2: I guess forget about blocking those ads at work Consider yourself lucky, most of these reports indeed tend to be by people not being able to play on a machine not their own, at all.
Showing 1-7 of 7