ForumsWEPRQuestion for fellow christians.

29 5273
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

I am christian but my knowledge is a bit,well not good. Anyways one of gods commandments says remeber the sabbath day and keep it holy,the sabbath day is saturday,but people have church on sunday,doesn't this make god a bit...angry? What do you guys think.

• 29 Replies
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Wow Calm, I never knew that, but why is the Church trying to convince us that Jesus was actually born on December 25th?

The Church never pretended it to be the accurate date. Nobody knew exactly when he was born, so they chose (wisely) a "random" day of the year. But they never pretended he really was born on the 25th of December. Everybody knows it's fictional...

And I am not trying to be and Athanist but maybe since in that time, winter was different because people didn't know about it and they just said December was spring/summer.

Well, December was still winter in that time. The thing is in Israël, winter is not this cold, so sheep might still be out in winter...
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well the darkest month of the year is December and Jesus is the light. Out from the darkness comes the light of God. That is what I was told.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Sabbath can't be on any day. God rested on the seventh day wich is the sabbath. One of the ten commandments is to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

um ok....uh well I'm just going to go with what calm said, ok.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Well the darkest month of the year is December and Jesus is the light. Out from the darkness comes the light of God. That is what I was told.

You're totally right. The winter solstice is in december, and that's one of the reasons for wich the primitive church decided to celebrate JC's birthday in december: it's symbolic.

Sabbath can't be on any day. God rested on the seventh day wich is the sabbath. One of the ten commandments is to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy

Do you really think what you just wrote? In that case, all the Christians are sinning since they celebrate God on the 1st day of the week and not on the 7th... We're doomed!!

More seriously, God is comprehensive. There are some people on the planet who have to work 7 days a week because they're too poor, and they're exploited by their bosses. Does it mean they're sinning? No.
MrNiceGuy
MrNiceGuy
73 posts
Nomad

It also says not to do any work, because he rested on the sabbath. But some churches do have church on saturday because of this.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Wow there are way too many forum topics on Christianity, they get a nit annoying after all this time, even though i am a Christian. I think that a mod should make a topic for each major religion and everyone can take all of there discussions there instead of breaking them up into a million different topics.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

i don't think so as long a we go to church at least once a week i think he is happy

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Well, I think I know your problem... The Sabbath Day is Sunday, not Saturday. God always meant for the Sabbath Day to be Sunday, not Saturday people. We have Mass every day of the week actually, and I don't think God cares, I think he enjoys knowing he has followers and they believe and worship him day in and day out!

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

oh oh i want to know why the hell in christian law cant ther be no dinosors or human king cant have avolvd from monkys?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Henry, your spelling is getting a little better.

So you are asking why there are no dinosaurs in the bible and why can't a king have evolved from monkeys?

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

Jikek -- in the bible it says that god made the planet in 6 days, and on the 7th he rested, so no, ur teacher is wrong, there were never 8 days in a week

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

i know a morman, and they arent alowwed to hang out w/ non mormans, on sunday. they think that sunday is the sabbath, and its not, saturday is, sunday is the first day of the week, saturday is the last,

Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

"The seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God." Exodus 20:10. "And when the sabbath was past, ...very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre." Mark 16:1,2.

The Sabbath is not the first day of the week (Sunday), as many believe, but the seventh day (Saturday). Notice from the above Scripture that the Sabbath is the day that comes just before the first day of the week.

Showing 16-29 of 29