ForumsForum GamesMAFIA GAME 1 SIGNUP

8 2331
InfiniteMelons
InfiniteMelons
6 posts
Nomad

I'm starting a Mafia game. Basically, Town has to lynch the secret Mafia players before they kill everyone, more info when the thread opens.

SLOTS (9/9 Left)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

• 8 Replies
InfiniteMelons
InfiniteMelons
6 posts
Nomad

Oh, you can't edit posts. That sucks crap. Oh well.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, you can't edit posts
Yeah, I know the feeling.

While I like the idea of a mafia game, there are two problems: 1. I doubt 9 people will want to sign up. 2. Even if 9 people did sign up, how would we contact each other, without it being seen? I.E. How would the mafia talk among themselves, without the town seeing it?
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

While I like the idea of a mafia game, there are two problems: 1. I doubt 9 people will want to sign up. 2. Even if 9 people did sign up, how would we contact each other, without it being seen? I.E. How would the mafia talk among themselves, without the town seeing it?

private chat. there are ways around being able to cheat, however.

technically, you can delete posts, so if the OP keeps deleting things and keeping his wall fresh it shouldn't be easy to cheat. now, obviously people could still get away with it, but this is a game of bluffing.

if I say "hes the murderer you could just go to his wall now and see it," as much as that could be true, people who don't want to cheat could deny it. not only that, but upon saying you cheated to learn that information you've also given the OP the responsibility of deleting that post, not to mention everyone will lynch you for cheating. in reality, no one likes this idea because of cheating, but even if only 1 or 2 people don't cheat the game could still be very secretive.

I think this idea could work, but people need to just be honorable and honest about it. this is the 4th attempt in about 4 months to start a mafia game, so I don't think it will get anywhere, but who knows.
InfiniteMelons
InfiniteMelons
6 posts
Nomad

If there isn't just straight private messages I'm shutting it down. Otherwise, welcome.

InfiniteMelons
InfiniteMelons
6 posts
Nomad

I've started three Mafia games on another forum and have completed two, and this next one's a gamble so not sure if it's going to get completed. If by OP you mean Other Players, I have never had a problem with that.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

there aren't real private messages, it's just posting in a profile's comment section which anyone can see. Also if you want to do something like this, go to a real RP site like Rpol/

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

If there isn't just straight private messages I'm shutting it down. Otherwise, welcome.

you can go to the person's wall and post, but you cant private post, other people can see it.

If by OP you mean Other Players, I have never had a problem with that.

OP means original poster, meaning you.
InfiniteMelons
InfiniteMelons
6 posts
Nomad

This forum is not suited to this game.

SHUTS DOWN

Showing 1-8 of 8