ForumsNews and FeedbackBringin' back old features

9 4024
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

While new updates are exciting and interesting, it would be nice to see the staff bring back features that were previously removed. I've seen people suggest things that AG used to have but were removed due to bugs and whatnot.

Users active and last post time.
I pulled this webpage screenshot from September 2008. Instead of the current date timestamp, I think the timestamps shown here would be better. For example: "1 hour ago by Graham"
Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it shows who was online in the past x minutes. Considering how the online/offline features was fixed by boppins (aka the little red/green circle on your profile), this seems like a good place to work on next.

Leaderboards!
Webpage screenshot from April 2010. This has been suggested a lot so I won't spend much time on it. We need some sort of leaderboard to measure posts/Quests/something else.

Did you know AG used to have tags?
Yeah, scroll down. Look to the right. Not really a suggestion, but just a cool did-you-know. Webpage screenshot from April 2010.

I can't access the final feature because of AG's robot.txt page, but it was a system where you could upvote comments to make them more noticeable. It was a lot like what this guy's suggesting here. If someone could find a screenshot, that'd be handy.

• 9 Replies
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Users active and last post time.

I like the idea of having the list of users currently online, I don't remember this feature in 2010 so I'm guessing it was removed before I joined.
Leaderboards!

Ah the leaderboards I do remember, many users I know what this back and I heard from @Ferret that staff are all working on a bert quest leaderboard type thing, but it's all hush hush for now.
Did you know AG used to have tags?

I never really saw the point of this tag box, it looked out of place to be honest. I feel the added game categories under the "More" drop down provide a quite sufficient amount of tags. Maybe there could be like a top 5 trending game tags?
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Beta quest leaderboard* goddamit there's no edit button.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I remember all of these features, well, I can't be too sure about that last one, but other than that I remember the rest.

I thought they were good features back in the day, personally. They were minor but useful.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I don't know if anyone else supports the idea, but I think it would be cool if AP were to be brought back. Just thought it would be a good idea to mention.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Thats what the leader boards are.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Thats what the leader boards are.

Actually they are a separate thing, I heard there are also plans for a rank like system, much more improved than APs.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Leaderboards!
Webpage screenshot from April 2010. This has been suggested a lot so I won't spend much time on it. We need some sort of leaderboard to measure posts/Quests/something else.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

http://armorgames.com/quests-board

Notice how 4 of the top 5 are moderators. :P

So was this just added today?
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I believe this is the first day in its running, sorta in beta right now so staff aren't making a big announcement about it because I'm guessing they're just testing.

Showing 1-9 of 9