ForumsForum GamesThe Orkish Menace (Warhammer 40k RPG)

371 64704
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

It's the 41st Millenium, and the entire galaxy is in upheaval. Humankind is xenophobic, militaristic. Though in a galaxy full of warmongering aliens, it helps to have those traits. Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, they all pose threats to humankind and are all warring the Imperium of man, and each other. Even traveling between planets isn't safe, to travel you have to use the warp, which is filled with unimaginable creatures and 4 gods of chaos. People with mutations or who have psychic abilities are especially effected. but anyone can be turned to chaos and become horribly mutated and insane. In this grim dark future, there is only war.

You play someone who, by choice, birth, or by the Imperiums will, are in the Imperial Guard, the main standing army of the Imperium. Who defend the citizens from Xeno and chaos alike. Sent to the World Ament Prime, a large Agricultural world. Reports are that a very large ork WAAAAGH! (orkish warband) is heading straight for the world. You serve in the 341st Reconstituted regiment, who are made from the survivors of other regiments considered to be wiped out. Heading towards the planet as it serves a vital role for the sector, feeding it. Aboard the Imperial Navy ship "The Strictest Doctrine" You are near the planet, it seems peaceful, and prosperous. Though it won't last long.
Ament Prime:
worldgen.cgi?palette=Atlas&iter=5000&cmd=Create&name=Ament%20Prime&amp<i class=ct_ice=20&height=400&seed=1388890613&rotate=274&amprojection=Square&ampct_water=50&motif=SciFi" alt="http://worldgen.bin.sh/worldgen.cgi?palette=Atlas&iter=5000&cmd=Create&name=Ament%20Prime&ampct_ice=20&height=400&seed=1388890613&rotate=274&amprojection=Square&ampct_water=50&motif=SciFi" />

Races:
Ogryn: Large and very simple minded, and fiercely loyal, believing every order comes from the emperor of mankind himself.
Ratling: Short, quiet, and rather promiscuous. These diminutive people make the best snipers and scouts, and half decent troopers.
Beastmen: People who don't look unlike the mythological Minotaur, despite the Imperium's heavy disapproval of mutants, these lesser mutated people are allowed to serve in the Imperial Guard
Humans: Standard Run of the mill human, comes from any and all backgrounds, from feral worlds that seek out to kill anything living on them, to feudal worlds, that seem like the bygone era of knights and lords during Holy Terra's history. To super advanced Hive Worlds, which contain cities stacked on top of cities, and sometimes stacked on top of more cities.

Classes:
Trooper: Standard trooper, armed with a lasgun and flak armor

Sharpshooter: Long range killers, usually cold and emotionless as they watch man and xeno alike die from their rifle.

Fire Support: Carrying a large wheel mounted heavy bolter, they may need to set up, but once they are, they can mow down all but the heaviest infantry (can't be Ratling)

Anti-Tank:Carrying a shoulder mounted missile launcher, and a backpack with a variety of missiles, they can take a variety of roles, but are usually anti-vehicle (Can't be Ratling).

Rough Rider: On a fast bike, with a laspistol and an explosive Hunting Lance they can scout, and ride through lines blasting away at the enemy. (Human Only)

Grenadier: Armed similar to a storm trooper, but they operate with a regular regiment, but are none the less equally trained in assaulted fortified enemy positions, and leading attacks.

Tank Commander: The commander of a standard Leman Russ tank, these multi role tanks smash through enemy infantry and armor alike. (can't be Ogryn)

Name:
Race:
Class:
Physical Description:
Bio:Optional
---------
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc.:
--------
Condition:

If you have any questions about races, equipment, classes, etc. feel free to ask.

• 371 Replies
immortaljustice
immortaljustice
544 posts
Nomad

Name: Jimmy O'Daniel
Race: Ratling
Class: Sharpshooter
Physical Description: 5'8, White, Brown hair slicked back, blue eyes, left arm has tribal sleeve tattoo, right forearm has celtic cross tattoo
Bio: All family died in teenage years. Except my little brother, Lenny O'Daniel. Lost contact with him when I was 19 though.
---------
Weapon:Long Las, Laspistol,
Armor:Camouflage Flak Jacket
Misc.:Smoke Grenades, Binoculars, Bipod/Tripod
--------
Condition:

Okay. So what do I do in that kind of situation? Ill do whatever Im trained to do then try to locate my squad (squad, platoon, company, battalion) if I have one.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Physical Description: 5'8, White, Brown hair slicked back, blue eyes, left arm has tribal sleeve tattoo, right forearm has celtic cross tattoo
Bio: All family died in teenage years. Except my little brother, Lenny O'Daniel. Lost contact with him when I was 19 though.
---------
--------
Condition:

Well you aren't a robot, you do how your character would react to seeing an ork WAAAGH! first hand.

immortaljustice
immortaljustice
544 posts
Nomad

---------
--------
Condition:

I just heard a nuclear explosion though. And Im seeing this asteroid head for the planet Im standing on. Im not sure how Im supposed react to that.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
--------
Condition:

i said it sounded like it.

Well depends, has he seen how the orks land on planets before? The most common type of or skip is a hollowed out asteroid with guns and engines strapped on the outside.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Race: Human
Physical Description: 6ft 2', golden iris, dark brown hair, tanned skin, slim but muscular, white scar running from right eye to pelvis.
Bio: Born to slaves on the homeworld of The Raven Guard, Deliverance, his skill with a needler, a highly powerful weapon, was honed with his father out in the wasteland that surrounded their home. Over time his skill far and away outpaced his fathers. His skill of thievery, trickery, misdirection and stealth kept him and his family fed throughout the years. Eventually he found his way on the mercenary path, in which his skill beat all others. Being a merc was a dangerous life style he chose because he had to. One day after a long slog of an assignment when he returned home all he found was ash, dust and a metal pole sticking into the ground. The pole was slick with red blood that had yet to dry in the hot sun and attached to the pole was his family. His mother, his father, his sister, all dead, murdered. The stories say he walked into the desert and came out a month later claiming the bounties of the three desert kingpins who had killed their way to a place of power in the region. After that he joined the imperial army gaining the title 'Raven' for his actions in and out of combat. He served with the Raven guard for a time where they taught him a skill that saved his life more than once, shadow-walking.
---------
Weapon: Needler sniper rifle, combat knife,
Armor: Flak Armor (has raven guard markings on the right shoulder)
Misc.: snare mines, krak grenades, gas mask, camo cloak.
--------
Condition:

'Keep moving! Regroup in twenty seconds on me!' I shout as I tap the assault troops to move out with me. We run toward the rest of the troop, I order both assault troops to lob grenades at the gretchen.
I take note of the snickering but say nothing.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name: Aleksa Bodin
Race:Human
Class:Fire Support
Physical Description: Tall,Black hair,blue eyes,white skin,average build
Bio:Born and raised in hive city being member of poor family it didnt take long for him to be tempted by local gangs,so he join one of many in the city he stated with just pickpocketing but as time passed he started selling drugs breaking in people houses and ending up killing,as time passed he attracted more and more attention his lust for money and easy life made him careless so one day he and his gang was arrested and he was faces with death penalty,but then officer from imperial guard showed up and offer all prisoners to redeem themselves by joining guard and defend humanity so with no other choice he joined.
---------
Weapon:Carriage Mounted Heavy Bolter, laspistol, Chainsword,
Armor: Flak Armor
Misc.: Metal Storm Frag Rounds
--------
Condition:

Continue with search of missing ship but look around me all time for any activity

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Bernhardt Aschen
Class: Trooper
Physical Description: Cropped brown hair, brown eyes, white skin, 5'9, scrawny.
Bio: Being an Imperial Guardsman has always been a wish of Bernhardt's. His parents were true believers in the Imperium of Man. His father especially, considering his relatively high position in the Guard. His father always stood up a little straighter and his smile always widened when Bernhardt talked about signing up to serve the Emperor. It was a good existence, having an officer for a father, even if he didn't see him often... That is, until the Xenos tore his father's body apart. Orks, they said, Orks and their exploding pets. Bernhardt always had a dark, burning hatred in his heart for the Xenos, and a searing rage in his gut. Eventually, the time came for his hand to write his name on the enlistment papers.
---------
Weapon: Lasgun
Armor: Flak Armor (The texture of the armor would suggest a warrior caste-born soldier. He was among many to be born into a militaristic family willing to give up everything for the emperor. Although rough, the texture suggests build by a machine, hinting towards an urban homeworld.)
Misc.: 2 Frag Grenades, 1 Krak Grenade,
Squad: Sgt. Kasey, Trooper Sandall [KIA], Trooper Markhov, Trooper Marel, Trooper Kruskov
--------
Condition:

Oh, well... I guess I'll just be crawling away while the squad crawls away.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Physical Description: 6ft 2', golden iris, dark brown hair, tanned skin, slim but muscular, white scar running from right eye to pelvis.
Bio: Born to slaves on the homeworld of The Raven Guard, Deliverance, his skill with a needler, a highly powerful weapon, was honed with his father out in the wasteland that surrounded their home. Over time his skill far and away outpaced his fathers. His skill of thievery, trickery, misdirection and stealth kept him and his family fed throughout the years. Eventually he found his way on the mercenary path, in which his skill beat all others. Being a merc was a dangerous life style he chose because he had to. One day after a long slog of an assignment when he returned home all he found was ash, dust and a metal pole sticking into the ground. The pole was slick with red blood that had yet to dry in the hot sun and attached to the pole was his family. His mother, his father, his sister, all dead, murdered. The stories say he walked into the desert and came out a month later claiming the bounties of the three desert kingpins who had killed their way to a place of power in the region. After that he joined the imperial army gaining the title 'Raven' for his actions in and out of combat. He served with the Raven guard for a time where they taught him a skill that saved his life more than once, shadow-walking.
---------
--------
Condition:

I thought you were on the roof?

Bio:Born and raised in hive city being member of poor family it didnt take long for him to be tempted by local gangs,so he join one of many in the city he stated with just pickpocketing but as time passed he started selling drugs breaking in people houses and ending up killing,as time passed he attracted more and more attention his lust for money and easy life made him careless so one day he and his gang was arrested and he was faces with death penalty,but then officer from imperial guard showed up and offer all prisoners to redeem themselves by joining guard and defend humanity so with no other choice he joined.
---------
--------
Condition:

Everyone begins to move out, leaving a small group to help defend the Leman Russ tanks who need time to clear a path.

You move ahead through a local fauna game trail. The feeling...It's still there. You hear rustles in the flora around you, it could be animals. or something worse.

Bio: Being an Imperial Guardsman has always been a wish of Bernhardt's. His parents were true believers in the Imperium of Man. His father especially, considering his relatively high position in the Guard. His father always stood up a little straighter and his smile always widened when Bernhardt talked about signing up to serve the Emperor. It was a good existence, having an officer for a father, even if he didn't see him often... That is, until the Xenos tore his father's body apart. Orks, they said, Orks and their exploding pets. Bernhardt always had a dark, burning hatred in his heart for the Xenos, and a searing rage in his gut. Eventually, the time came for his hand to write his name on the enlistment papers.
---------
Armor: Flak Armor (The texture of the armor would suggest a warrior caste-born soldier. He was among many to be born into a militaristic family willing to give up everything for the emperor. Although rough, the texture suggests build by a machine, hinting towards an urban homeworld.)
Misc.: 2 Frag Grenades, 1 Krak Grenade,
Squad: Sgt. Kasey, Trooper Sandall [KIA], Trooper Markhov, Trooper Marel, Trooper Kruskov
--------
Condition:

you fall back, and look over the wheat to see a large contingent of IG nearby, along with an odd looking Leman Russ, that has large cooling tubes surrounding the gun, looks like a giant plasma cannon if you were to guess. Reinforcements!

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
--------
Condition:

I stay with small group defending Tanks

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

---------
--------
Condition:

I thought I went back down to street level after you said the shot would be too great for my Heavy's. That's why I returned to the wreckage of the Chimera to gather supplies because we would be moving out again trying to avoid the Orks until we could get a better defensive point

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------
Condition:

Well, might as well look for a medal. I continue crawling forward to see if I can't find the enemy Leman Russ.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
--------
Condition:

You stick back, with the many Leman Russ tanks, again there is much rustling in the leaves and you catch fleeting glimpses of silhouettes. Many of the men are on edge right now.

---------
--------
Condition:

I don't remember you saying that, the reason you got the shot at the gretchin was because you were on the roof.

---------
Misc.:
--------
Condition:

It's not too hard to find, it's about 50 meters ahead.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------
Condition:

I try to get as close as possible, attempting to be stealthy about it. Only when I have to, do I jump up and sprint at the Leman Russ.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

De-arming the snare mines I recall everyone to the street, 'Take what you need from the Chimera, we'll move out then.' and I order everybody forward slowly, watching out for wandering gretchens of scouter Orks and mines. I order the assault troops toward the front of the group with the Heavy's closer to me and the troopers in between. We try to keep out of sight. If i wasn't clear I do apologise

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------
Condition:

again? towards the sponson grot again?

Ah, alright then. Well ok

they simply ignore you and take off down towards the the barricade while the heavy weapons follow, the troopers stay about 10 ten meters behind keeping suppressive fire.

"Oh yes raven, whatever you say sir."
one says, followed by some more jeers, and a few chuckles.

Showing 346-360 of 371