ForumsWEPRImportant Legislation (Healthcare Reform)

14 5286
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I never thought that I'd see government healthcare out in the good ole US of A and, ahem ahem, working, but I'm still kind of in shock that it is (hurray for a step towards communism!).

Anyways, I've been thinking, and, if the trend he's shown continues, the next thing Obama will want to do is establish the death penalty for attempted suicide. Wouldn't you all agree?

• 14 Replies
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

It's rather odd in my opinion that you would kill someone for trying to kill them self. Wouldn't you try and help them through that? I don't know. That's just what I think should do. I don't know why you would kill someone for that. They would obviously need help, in order to prevent another attempt, which may not fail. That's just me though.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

It's rather odd in my opinion that you would kill someone for trying to kill them self. Wouldn't you try and help them through that? I don't know. That's just what I think should do.

I agree. I was just trying to point out the fact that, since killing someone for trying to kill themselves doesn't make a whole lot of sense, some politicians may vouch for it eventually. Because politicians will be politicians, get it?

I don't know why you would kill someone for that. They would obviously need help, in order to prevent another attempt, which may not fail. That's just me though.

As I mentioned before, I agree.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

What exactly is the point of this thread. I don't see a clear direction or topic.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

We should have probably renamed the thread to include (healthcare reform) to avoid conclusion. Come on Voidy, you gotta read the OP header some more :P

I mean, the only thing I don't like about this is the Slippery Slope fallacy the OP delivered, but we'll get to that later.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Oh, sorry. I thought it was just an OP lacking any factual basis and consisting solely of obtuse opinions.

My apologies.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

How would this be a precursor to Communism? Daft.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I never thought that I'd see government healthcare out in the good ole US of A and, ahem ahem, working, but I'm still kind of in shock that it is (hurray for a step towards communism!).

Communism, or a system shown to be successful in many other advanced countries?

Anyways, I've been thinking, and, if the trend he's shown continues, the next thing Obama will want to do is establish the death penalty for attempted suicide. Wouldn't you all agree?

I have absolutely no clue how you came up with this idea.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

What exactly is the point of this thread. I don't see a clear direction or topic.

This thread was supposed to be a Tavern thread, but then our dear friend, a Mod, decided to place this thread where it didn't belong... I'm not going to point fingers (I'm looking at you, Frank).
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

... Wait, you're talking about universal healthcare.

;D

The Rest of what jeoy said

Aye, but nevertheless it is a step in the right direction, albeit the direction being straight and our direction being about 75 degrees away from it, but it's better than going backwards...or standing still.

We are getting the idea down, just not the details that make the idea work.

This thread was supposed to be a Tavern thread, but then our dear friend, a Mod, decided to place this thread where it didn't belong... I'm not going to point fingers (I'm looking at you, Framl

Should be pointed out that this thread is discussing politics...and Tavern isn't about dem politics.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Communism, or a system shown to be successful in many other advanced countries?

Pray, do give examples, good sir, do not just leave us in such a cliffhanger.

The system is a tax, not a God-given right as countries with universal healthcare laws instate. Unfortunately.

Aye, my good sir.

Should be pointed out that this thread is discussing politics...and Tavern isn't about dem politics.

Never mind. You have too little of a soul and too cold, hard, and unforgiving a heart to understand.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Good, now we just have to force the pharmaceutical companies to publish the hidden trial data.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

In the 16 century, the punishment for mugging was a death penalty and your all your belongies whould be taken by the state. So many highway mans prefered to suicide, this way they couldnt be charged and there money would remine in their family possetion. Therefore, by making suicide illegal, the kingdome could take your possetion even if you suicide.

Make sense isnt it?

And i dont understand why you are so against these reforms Nilo. If you break your arm, do you have enough money to pay for it? Or have an apendecities? Do you have the money to pay for it, with the extreme billing of the greedy private hospitals of yours?!

And if someone who work as a street cleaner get his arm broken, you say he need to die at the street from infection because he cant afford to be healed?!

What next, make the water private? Or maybe ser the police private as well. You pay an out kf proportions price to call a cop, and if you cant afford it you need to die.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Can people post examples of topics brought about by the new healthcare reform they'd like to talk about? It seems awfully vague. I like how it's changed to where people who are pipelining through school can stay on their parent's insurance until they're finally done around the time they could get a doctorate degree (26ish), but I don't really know all that much about the other points or what is really being brought about in order to discuss it. Ain't no body got time to read that crazy 10000000000 page law!!!

Showing 1-13 of 14