ForumsNews and FeedbackAG Premium?

18 34891
LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

For months now, the Black Screen Issue has plagued some users, myself included. No progress is being made, and I've resigned myself to accepting that this is how AG wants it to be. Fine.

In an effort to be a little less pissy about the issue, I would like to ask a question. Not to other users who wouldn't know, but to the site admins who actually have to pay the bills:

What is the actual revenue, per user, per month, on average, that is brought in with these new ads? $1? $5?

You don't have to answer if the actual amount is sensitive, but think about this: What about an "AG Premium" account? Similar to IGN Prime, where a user pays a nominal fee per month or year, one that offsets their expected ad viewing revenue, and are then exempt from ALL advertisements on the site?

For users who don't want to pay, you still have the ads to get your revenue. But for those who are either hell-bent to block the ads or unable view the ads (me), this would be an option that would not hurt your revenue stream.....and possibly even bolster it.

I am not able to view your YouTube ads. But I would if I could. I would support AG financially if it meant escape from the ad viewing requirement.

It's worth a discussion, I feel. I chose to post this in a new thread because it's separate enough from the Black Screen Issue, but my apologies if I was mistaken.

• 18 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

An AG Premium account would be something interesting to offer, to say the least. But the amount of money Armor Games gets in advertisements may not equal the sum of a premium account. Not without the cost for such an account being very high.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

An AG Premium account would be something interesting to offer, to say the least. But the amount of money Armor Games gets in advertisements may not equal the sum of a premium account. Not without the cost for such an account being very high.

Kongregate has a premium program and it's only $29.99 a year (or you get it automatically if you pay $14.99 or so for a GameStop pro card), and I'm sure they get more traffic than ArmorGames (from what I can tell). Their subscription disables ads, gives exclusive profile skins (maybe AG could add armatars for theirs), exclusive icon to show off in chat and profile, members only chat rooms (members only forum for AG?), beta access, and priority customer support. Just throwing that out there.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Kongregate has a premium program and it's only $29.99 a year (or you get it automatically if you pay $14.99 or so for a GameStop pro card), and I'm sure they get more traffic than ArmorGames (from what I can tell). Their subscription disables ads, gives exclusive profile skins (maybe AG could add armatars for theirs), exclusive icon to show off in chat and profile, members only chat rooms (members only forum for AG?), beta access, and priority customer support. Just throwing that out there.

I like the sound of this. The unique armatars and skins is a nice touch along with the icon you would get. Also the ads can be annoying but of course are essential. Beta testing is also something I'd like to be part of aswell.
Showing 16-18 of 18