Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Isn't Heliocentrism a Law?

Posted Jan 16, '14 at 11:57pm

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

232 posts

Keep in mind that the amount of evidence for Evolution is mountains-upon-mountains more than the amount of evidence for Heliocentrism

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, or what.
While apparently Heliocentrism isn't a law, I'm fairly sure it's got a bit more evidence. There are current satellites, and observations from several hundred years supplying evidence for Heliocentrism. As far as I know, there haven't been too many problems with it. We haven't had to change the basic idea of Heliocentrism since is inception (as far as I know).
Evolution, however (and I'm not turning this into a "evolution is false" thread, don't worry), has had changed and tweaks in the original theories. We don't have many photos and time-lapse videos of evolution in place. Every year biochemical discoveries are made, often causing conflictions. I know an upper-class American high schooler who was taught that humans evolved from a mermaid-type thing. Another was taught that humans evolved from apes. Both were taught that the Earth revolved around the sun.

So, uh, yeah. If I missed sarcasm (considering the second part of your statement), sorry, just wanted to point this out.

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 3:14am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

We don't have many photos and time-lapse videos of evolution in place.

That's like saying we don't have many pictures of the earth being an oblate spheroid.

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 1:09pm

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

232 posts

That's like saying we don't have many pictures of the earth being an oblate spheroid.

... What?

Are you saying that there are photos and time-lapse videos of evolution? Sorry, I just haven't heard of them.

There are photos and satellite images and time-lapse videos of Earth (and other planets) orbits.

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 2:55pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,799 posts

Knight

Do we really need photos and time-lapse videos of something to proove it? Most of the videos you'll see on the net are artistic visualisations, anyway. Direct observations of the phenomenon and resulting effects are more solid proof, be it for heliocentrism, evolution, the shape of earth or gravity.

Reply to Why Isn't Heliocentrism a Law?

You must be logged in to post a reply!