ForumsWEPROut of body experiences.

40 17263
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

I recently got a dream interpretation book and so i looked through and found this title i looked through that and wanted to know have you felt that before if you don't know what this is search it up on google or something.

Me personally i almost did i felt my "conciousness" rising and out of panic i was never going to return panicked and lost the feeling oh and by the way it was in the middle of school lol.

(I just made this thread for opinions on this matter and your own experiences of this)

• 40 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Well, sleep paralysis usually causes hallucinations, and the feeling of being watched, so I hate to think what could go wrong with OBEs.

well your not dead, and i dont think a OBE can kill either.
for me it's just a rare experience that would be interesting to witness. =)
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i guess it's fairly harmless compared to what we put our minds trough by choice sometimes. (drugs)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

well your not dead, and i dont think a OBE can kill either.
for me it's just a rare experience that would be interesting to witness. =)

Haha, when I experience the paralysis, I'll feel a throbbing, unknown fear, that I know is induced by the paralysis, yet somehow it still overpowers you.

I've thankfully never had hallucinations to the point of noises unlike Mage.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

(drugs)

That had been on my mind, if unspoken so far, and indeed I would say it's not dissimilar to my experiences with e.g. psychedelics.

I think and as the stuck-up rationalist that I am , in both cases you're mostly just looking at your own mind-****s, and so whatever data/associations/(mental and/or sensory) reactions/indeed archetypes may lie hidden there, more or less deeply.

Regardless of our opinions on such, It's neither something for everyone, nor anything to do with the supernatural, to me. For a fourteen-year-old and going it alone by some book they picked up? Um, no, I wouldn't advocate it, nor really see what we're discussing here, with all due respect & all that. Apart from any cautions I guess most likely it's just some pointless fancy we're talking about, so with no results one way or the other, neither harmful nor productive.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hallucinations such as LSD merely block or accelerate dendrites and terminals in your neurons.

Two of my role models, Timothy Leary and Bill Hicks, often said that hallucinations are a vital key in developing one's mind. I can definitely agree with them; the power of some of those drugs can shift the world entirely.

And something I'm kind of curious about: do you believe being shot in the head (with a bullet) will generate a similar experience, albeit more powerful?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

About Bill Hicks:

âToday a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Just thought it was relevant.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I don't think hallucinations are... "vital" to one's personal development. They can in few cases make you see things differently, or contribute to a personality change; but drugs for example can just as well degrade your mind.

And something I'm kind of curious about: do you believe being shot in the head (with a bullet) will generate a similar experience, albeit more powerful?

I don't expect any experience flash before you die. Your brain will likely just shut down.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

"Haha, when I experience the paralysis, I'll feel a throbbing, unknown fear, that I know is induced by the paralysis, yet somehow it still overpowers you."

Interestingly I didn't experience a sense of fear with my sleep paralysis. Though the second time I was fully aware of what was happening so I felt no need to be afraid. I probably would have been more than a little freaked out with that second time if I hadn't known.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Haha I just scanned through the wiki page. Makes sense why I feel fear. I'm fully aware of my surroundings and the paralysis but at that moment it feels so normal and rational to be afraid that I jump up and run off when i can, only to ffeel silly later. Its akin to feeling that a nightmare is real upon waking, yet latrr on you laugh at yourself.

I think my longest one ran into the minutes.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Timothy Leary and Bill Hicks, often said that hallucinations are a vital key in developing one's mind.

i never had hallucinations and no dreams since my 15... does that mean my mind hasn't developed? (will i be young forever? ^^)
Showing 31-40 of 40