Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[Official] What is a Knight?

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 1:11am

Graham

Graham

6,420 posts

There is an issue with favoritism in regards to publicity with the awarding of this.

Without a standard model, there is nothing users can strive towards other than vague preconceptions and becoming friends with the right people.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 1:17am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I care about the community, especially you, based Ferret, and I've gotta point out, your original post is fraught with comma splices. Do I get knighthood now?

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 2:39am

Ferret

Ferret

5,330 posts

Administrator

There is no standard model for moderation either, yet people know that is not a popularity contest.  Make no mistake, it's not.  This Ferret hasn't nominated any user yet for Knighthood, not that I'm unhappy with the current choices.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 3:32am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,773 posts

I'm pitching in here... =)

There is an issue with favoritism in regards to publicity with the awarding of this.

Favoritism has nothing to do with this... Knighthood is a recognition-by-status type of awarding. I have older users in my friends list, but I won't be suggesting them for Knighthood. They did nothing special for the website, haven't been active for quite a while, or stood out from the crowd. If favoritism were to be in play here, I would have made sure my friends would have been Knighted first, right? ;)

Without a standard model, there is nothing users can strive towards other than vague preconceptions and becoming friends with the right people.

We don't have to reveil the process of nomination here... knowing all the facts about the process would render the outcome of it utterly useless. And becoming friends with the right people is simply out of the question... I explained 'why' in my first answer already. =)

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 7:32am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

:) wow that's cool.
So they also get purple font which is wicked!

~~Black~~

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 8:02am

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

I think it's a great thing that some users who have helped the communtiy outstandingly get some recognition in the form of Knighthood, got some great features so congrats to SSTG, UnleashedUponMankind and any others who were rewarded this rank :)

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 8:43am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,786 posts

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.

A Knight-only forum? Is this some hidden forum, because I can't find it.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 8:50am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

405 posts

A Knight-only forum? Is this some hidden forum, because I can't find it.
This is a hidden forum.I wonder what kinds of things there may be in there.

Ferret,why do not make @Joeybetz a knight?Everybody forgot him?

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 8:52am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

405 posts

Whoops!He is already a knight.

Posted Jan 14, '14 at 10:15am

royalguy

royalguy

92 posts

I saw this whole knight thing about a week ago on some old inactive users. I assumed that this was some really old thing that is no longer used. It looks like I completely missed the mark on that guess.

Reply to [Official] What is a Knight?

You must be logged in to post a reply!