ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

469 48883
Ferret
Ferret
9,293 posts
Constable

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 469 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,609 posts
Regent

Bloke does what he wants and says what he wants to say. He's entitled to turn his nose up at what has been the "norm" so far; there's nothing to get irritated about.

Personally I think his Knighting is welcome; shows that you don't need to be an active Forumer to be recognised as contributing to the site. It's a game site after all.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Bloke does what he wants and says what he wants to say.

That's a pretty good argument against being promoted. "I do what I want" doesn't get you very far and certainly doesn't merit a reward.

He's entitled to turn his nose up at what has been the "norm" so far; there's nothing to get irritated about.

There's a difference between "the norm" and "showing gratitude."
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
2,914 posts
Duke

His last point, though, specifically says "He is knighted for the same reason as SSTG except for being the one of the oldest members in CTC community." One game. My comparison to MS Excel still stands.

devansh is not an admin. Therefore my point stands.

Personally, the thing that irritates me is that he was knighted, but, unlike Unleashed, nichodemus, xeano, Minotaur55 and SSTG, he never bother to show up in this thread and introduce himself or say thanks.

Well, really, why should he? Are knights required to shake hands and give speeches? Should we be insulted simply because someone does not need to reinforce his self-esteem with meaningless jestures? Is it that important to you to congradulate someone you don't even know for reasons you aren't even aware of?

I for one hate receiving excessive and/or gratuitous praise, and I find your notion of knightly etiquette quite revolting.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

devansh is not an admin. Therefore my point stands.

He doesn't have to be an admin to be right about CJ's activity, and he is most definitely right. Besides, your mention of admins would only be relevant if he said that "we have enough knights now," which has nothing to do with my request that he show gratitude for being promoted.

Well, really, why should he? Are knights required to shake hands and give speeches? Should we be insulted simply because someone does not need to reinforce his self-esteem with meaningless jestures? Is it that important to you to congradulate someone you don't even know for reasons you aren't even aware of?

No. You're clearly blowing things out of proportion to make my statement seem ridiculous, but I never said anything like that. I said "introduce himself or say thanks" and "at least say thanks," and, since Knighting is a relatively new and rather significant change to the site (since they have personal forums and Armatars to choose from), I hardly think dropping in to say hi and thanks is unreasonable.

Nice use of rhetorical questions, though.

I for one hate receiving excessive and/or gratuitous praise, and I find your notion of knightly etiquette quite revolting.

Oh please. No one said anything about "gratuitous praise," and there is nothing wrong with showing some etiquette to those who think highly of you.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,609 posts
Regent

He was Knighted for his castle making participation, not his temperance. If you have qualms about his eligibility due to a perceived lack of politeness after being Knighted, you may wish to bring this up to the admins. That is all I can say.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
2,914 posts
Duke

Should we be insulted simply because someone does not need to reinforce his self-esteem with meaningless jestures?

Is it that important to you to congradulate someone you don't even know for reasons you aren't even aware of?

The non-rhetorical questions.

Oh please. No one said anything about "gratuitous praise," and there is nothing wrong with showing some etiquette to those who think highly of you.

You don't exactly present yourself as someone who thinks highly of him. As you and R2D21999 have demonstrated, he isn't all that well known either. He received congradulations from the relevant parties on his profile. He responded to them. He should not be required to do so again. Not here or anywhere else.

I have no objection to etiquette. Only to your idea of a person's social obligations in this context.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

he never bother to show up in this thread and introduce himself or say thanks

I would like to point out that this is my first post in this thread since I was knighted. I would also like to ask why this is relevant.
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts
Farmer

Matt,

There's nothing wrong* with saying out loud "I want to be knighted, and begrudge others being so over me."

So there

* Well, it does of course show one to be the petulant child that perhaps one is. But, if so be it...

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,113 posts
Herald

I wonder how temporary knights would work (this is a suggestion)

It seems like a good idea, at the end of every month, The moderators/admins vote on a user who, not quite deserving of full knighthood, has demonstrated exceptional what-ever-it-is-they-look-for qualities, and give them knight status (no armatars I would think though, but access to the forum and purple text) for the next month.

~~~Darth Caedus

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts
Farmer

Hm. Could lead to a lotta hoo-ha when they get unknighted again after the month, no? But! Why me!

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

I dunno about that. If I got knighted for doing something well, I would just keep going that. Knighting wouldn't change my behavior. It would just show that the mods/admins like what I'm doing.

Besides, it would be kind of discouraging to be promoted to Knight, only to have it revoked in a month. I'd want to know what I was doing wrong during that month.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,987 posts
Blacksmith

If I got knighted for doing something well, I would just keep going that. Knighting wouldn't change my behavior. It would just show that the mods/admins like what I'm doing.

Which is probably why CJ did not show up in this thread
I wonder how temporary knights would work (this is a suggestion)

It seems like a good idea, at the end of every month, The moderators/admins vote on a user who, not quite deserving of full knighthood, has demonstrated exceptional what-ever-it-is-they-look-for qualities, and give them knight status (no armatars I would think though, but access to the forum and purple text) for the next month.

I feel like this would take away from what the knights were ment to be. By adding and removing people constantly, it defeats the purpose. It isn't special or important. And due to lack of activity, just about all the regulars would become a knight with that system, defeating what the mods were trying to accomplish by adding knights.
RYABRALEV
RYABRALEV
1 posts
Peasant

Thanks for telling what a knight is ferret

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,553 posts
King

Please give @weirdlike a warm welcome as our newest member of the Armorian Knighthood Council! Huzzah! =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,293 posts
Constable

Yay!

Showing 211-225 of 469