ForumsWEPRLifestyle Crisis

17 11040
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Over the last 2 years, I've done an incredible amount of growing and expanding mentally and i have come to a certain realization. Living in the states, having a "career", contributing to society, trying to solve my problems with money, is something that I'm just not cut out for. I thought that trying to find something that "makes me happy" would entail me finding a job that i thoroughly enjoyed doing, that i could make a potential living off of. Well, i couldn't have been more wrong.

The world is dying. We are destroying it. The only thing i see appropriate to do, is to go see all the beauty in this life, before i see whatever beauty is in the next. i want to just save like a good amount of money, find myself a good girlfriend, and just leave and nomad around. I don't know where, I don't know how long, i just want to leave. i want adventure, excitement, life threatening situations where im at the mercy of the circle of life itself, for this is a trait that i think most humans lack. we are arrogant and think that society can hide us from nature forever. For how can we conquer death, if many of us are to scared to face it? How can you truly know the value of your life if you havent felt it almost taken away?

am i just being a delusional hippie? are there others here on AG that have similar thoughts?

discuss

• 17 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

For how can we conquer death, if many of us are to scared to face it?

Everyone will die. Everyone reading this will die. Everyone I know or you know or we know will die. One does not simply conquer death.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

But this isn't about dying due to naivete. It's about what the book contains. The book is jam-packed with very relevant information. And while you'll probably say "nah man I don't need that" or you'll lie to my face and say "yeah man I'll check it out" but never do, please, at least read a better description. It's a great piece to help deal with exactly this.

I have seen the movie on netflix, someone told me that i would like it and i definitely did. Eddie Vedder from pearl jam did the whole soundtrack and it's fantastic
Showing 16-17 of 17