ForumsQuestsLabyrinth: Secrets of ShadowHaven Quests

126 70054
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This thread is about the Quests for rogue-like game Labyrinth: Secrets of ShadowHaven. Help the folks below, some of these Quests are very challenging.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/d4a5a3705232039d43f2d1678bdd7a31.png?v=1389640338&vv=1389918199
Acid Drop
Lure an enemy into an acid pool.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/0759ea127ba8b2529ced18540b45edc0.png?v=1389640609&vv=1389918043
Sky Commander
Get the Wings.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/55605249ff7ec00f34a81bf8041a90bc.png?v=1389640586&vv=1389918067
Breaking and Entering
Break into a Boss Battle without Destroying all the Orbs First.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/875204688e8185bf542dc390e822732e.png?v=1389640565&vv=1389918093
Ammo Ambush
Reach 99 Ammo.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/8b61bf725d92f00b6bace4c4d0c72c0c.png?v=1389640430&vv=1389918130
Power Presence
Collect all 7 Permanent Upgrades in One Game.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/eedb69a59536b7f468bc799738068d5e.png?v=1389640539&vv=1389918162
Reptile Ransack
Beat the Boss.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15794/media/icon/170d9cb28036a441d61453cbaf622344.png?v=1389640668&vv=1389918008
Lucky 13
Reach Level 13.
Hardness: Hard

• 126 Replies
BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I appreciate what you're saying, but that is the point of this game: The one-time punch.

It shouldn't be looked at like a typical game with saving that you come back to to pick up where you left off, but rather a quick-ish injection of a new adventure whenever you're bored, with the chance to build your char up in a fresh way with unique experiences each time.

Everyone should get used to starting over a bunch until they hit on a good combo of items they think they can make a longer run with.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

A good bit of advice, if you find the attack ups early on then take on the early bosses with the fireball. Once you are at 3+ bosses and your ammo is maxed the rockets are ideal so you don't get stuck between them. The fire ball is good aswell but tricky to do if there is alot of bosses stamping on you.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

BoMToons -- I understand your point, I really do, but for someone like me who can't spend a whole chunk of time playing a game, not being able to continue a game is disappointing, especially when most of the game is pretty awesome.

As a side note, in your updates, did you make more cake appear? The last two tries, I had a whole bunch of cake lying around, but never any attack power ups in five levels.

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

The only part of the drop mechanic I messed with was not repeating the map once you've picked it up and, once you're past level 8, wings become much more likely.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Figured that, just random luck. But the four times I played 1.15/1.16, I just had tons of cake lying around. At least I didn't have any health worries!

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I usually skip super jump and wall climb ability. double jump + gliding is great for killing bosses.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Figured that, just random luck. But the four times I played 1.15/1.16, I just had tons of cake lying around. At least I didn't have any health worries!

Just annoying when you get them from the chests instead of the crates. Expecting upgrade and it is more cake lol. Can't complain unless your unlucky enough to almost be killed and suddenly there is no cakes to be found.

I usually skip super jump and wall climb ability. double jump + gliding is great for killing bosses.

If something is tricky to use then it is best to skip it. The wall climber though i found an excellent trick with it. On levels with the acids and there is a wall. I normally grab wall punch a brick out, stand on the new space on the same height as the bosses gem are. Spam rockets and you should be safe from anything in the way. Best use this if there is 3+ since i think 2 are easy enough to take on. 3 of them can be simple aswell depending on how it starts.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Is it just me, or has the game become a lot slower since the last update was pushed? There's a terrible lag going on at the moment, that even has my character floating in mid-air during a jump for a wee tiny second! And during the running part he acts like a sputtering old car, coughing and bumping along the line... I know it's not my computer as a lot of other games play completely normal and lag-free... =)

brunodemoch
brunodemoch
46 posts
Archduke

s it just me, or has the game become a lot slower since the last update was pushed? There's a terrible lag going on at the moment, that even has my character floating in mid-air during a jump for a wee tiny second! And during the running part he acts like a sputtering old car, coughing and bumping along the line... I know it's not my computer as a lot of other games play completely normal and lag-free... =)

Not just a terrible lag but also a big bug!! I was at lvl 13 in a safe place and the earth shaked a liitle bit then came a lag in the boss lvl and suddenly I was at the acid pool dead!!! oO
bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

If it weren't for the quests, I would really like this game. I can never play long enough (schedule-wise) to get the 13th level or to accumulate 99 ammo. Sigh. Maybe I'll stay home from work tomorrow. I feel sick. (cough, cough)

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

Ha ha, don't lose your job just to play this game ;-)

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

So, after finishing all the quests, my initial opinion holds.

Game is repetitive, boring, way too easy once you get certain upgrades, and the bosses are easily exploitable.

I quit after level 14 because I got bored, but the bosses were poorly designed enough that I'm pretty sure I could have gone on infinitely with beating a new level about every 1-2 minutes.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@bakkart - it shouldn't take very long at all. Unless you are trying for the 'all 7 upgrades' quest, you only need 2 upgrades to blitz through levels - Block Breaker and Wall Climber (double jump and glider helps but is not mandatory).

With Block Breaker you can immediately go to the bosses without bothering with the orbs. Shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes per level, including boss kill.

When I finally got the 7 upgrade quest and just went for level 13, it took me about 30 minutes for the whole run to level 14.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

It's those first few levels, though, that eat up the time. I'm not having much luck with Levels 1 or 2 yielding Block Breaker or weapons, so I'm checking every crate, every treasure, and every enemy.

I'm probably not as good as you are, so let's figure 3 or 4 minutes per level, which means 39-52 minutes -- I just don't have that kind of block in my life right now. (And it's a little ironic, since the game creator has repeatedly advised "taking your time" to go through the levels.)

This morning I got up to Level 7 in about 25 minutes (with 68 ammo, +5 attack) but had to quit.

Wish there was a "Just Trying for a Quest" coupon so I could start at higher levels.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It's those first few levels, though, that eat up the time. I'm not having much luck with Levels 1 or 2 yielding Block Breaker or weapons, so I'm checking every crate, every treasure, and every enemy.

Save time, if you don't get a solid upgrade within your first few crates/treasure chests on level one, pause restart and search again. Basically search only part of the level, but don't search the entire level.
Showing 61-75 of 126