Forums

ForumsQuests

Labyrinth: Secrets of ShadowHaven Quests

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 10:33am

bakkart

bakkart

458 posts

If it weren't for the quests, I would really like this game. I can never play long enough (schedule-wise) to get the 13th level or to accumulate 99 ammo. Sigh. Maybe I'll stay home from work tomorrow. I feel sick. (cough, cough)

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 10:46am

BoMToons

BoMToons

68 posts

Ha ha, don't lose your job just to play this game ;-)

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 1:03pm

Olinser

Olinser

549 posts

So, after finishing all the quests, my initial opinion holds.

Game is repetitive, boring, way too easy once you get certain upgrades, and the bosses are easily exploitable.

I quit after level 14 because I got bored, but the bosses were poorly designed enough that I'm pretty sure I could have gone on infinitely with beating a new level about every 1-2 minutes.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 1:10pm

Olinser

Olinser

549 posts

@bakkart - it shouldn't take very long at all. Unless you are trying for the 'all 7 upgrades' quest, you only need 2 upgrades to blitz through levels - Block Breaker and Wall Climber (double jump and glider helps but is not mandatory).

With Block Breaker you can immediately go to the bosses without bothering with the orbs. Shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes per level, including boss kill.

When I finally got the 7 upgrade quest and just went for level 13, it took me about 30 minutes for the whole run to level 14.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 2:09pm

bakkart

bakkart

458 posts

It's those first few levels, though, that eat up the time. I'm not having much luck with Levels 1 or 2 yielding Block Breaker or weapons, so I'm checking every crate, every treasure, and every enemy.

I'm probably not as good as you are, so let's figure 3 or 4 minutes per level, which means 39-52 minutes -- I just don't have that kind of block in my life right now. (And it's a little ironic, since the game creator has repeatedly advised "taking your time" to go through the levels.)

This morning I got up to Level 7 in about 25 minutes (with 68 ammo, +5 attack) but had to quit.

Wish there was a "Just Trying for a Quest" coupon so I could start at higher levels.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 3:19pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,977 posts

It's those first few levels, though, that eat up the time. I'm not having much luck with Levels 1 or 2 yielding Block Breaker or weapons, so I'm checking every crate, every treasure, and every enemy.

Save time, if you don't get a solid upgrade within your first few crates/treasure chests on level one, pause restart and search again. Basically search only part of the level, but don't search the entire level.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 4:53pm

princesseden1

princesseden1

1 post

Cant seem to find RL in this game,at a boss battle currently help plz :/

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 2:19am

BoMToons

BoMToons

68 posts

v1.18 - HUGE update: Entire engine re-coded! Should lag much less. Play in fullscreen mode for best performance. All teleporting glitches should be eliminated. Custom controls are remembered between sessions. Fixed multi-boss spacing so the boss doesn't appear right on top of you. Removed fall damage if you have super jump boots and double jump together. Optimized a bunch of stuff and fixed other small bugs. Tweaked powerup drop rules to be nicer (less cake) no doubling up on wings, more attack-increase drops.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 9:08am

brunodemoch

brunodemoch

47 posts

I'm already having a lot of teleporting problems!!

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 9:27am

brunodemoch

brunodemoch

47 posts

also having trouble now with a lot of title that even if I throw a nuclear bomb it doesn't break!

Reply to Labyrinth: Secrets of ShadowHaven Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!