ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Locations! (Current battle: pg. 12)

119 43681
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Just like the other battle threads, just with places, real and fictional.

let's start off with a battle of fictional cities.

Lothlórien
http://firstlotr.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lothlorien.jpg

Vivec
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/203/morrowind20090803140638.jpg

The City
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/destiny.gamepedia.com/thumb/1/1b/TowerView.png/400px-TowerView.png

City 17
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090110233149/half-life/en/images/b/bb/HalfLife2_City17_TrainStationSquare.jpg

~ManlyMan

• 119 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

-_-

Anyways, you are going to need a description on where each are from.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

-_-

Anyways, you are going to need a description on where each are from.

Good point.

Lothlórien is an elven city of the LotR universe.

Vivec is, or was rather, one of the more prominent cites of Morrowind and home of the former Dumner god Vivec.

The city is a large and prominent city on Earth in the Destiny Universe, I would put more but my brother knows more about Destiny than I do.

And finally, City 17 is one of the few remaining true cites that remains in the Half-Life universe.

~ManlyMan
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

another battle thread? >icanteven

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Between City 17 and Lothlórien... City 17 I guess since I love half-life more.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

ok, AG needs an edit button, because the city's name is Caras Galadhon. Which Haldir stated as soon as they laid eyes on it.

my vote goes to Caras Galdhon

~~~Darth Caedus

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Why, Lothlorien, of course, since the others mean bugger all to me :/

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

City 17... I mean... CITY 17. It looks pretty cool. You'd expect me to vote for Lothlorien, but ol' Gand has some heart for the futuristic towns.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

another battle thread? >icanteven

So I'm like the only one who wouldn't mind like 3 more of these?

~ManlyMan
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

So I'm like the only one who wouldn't mind like 3 more of these?

Personally I think we should just have one battle thread with a tournament style setup for different things each time. That is just me though.

Anyway, I would go The City, cause it looks the best to me.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Caras Galadhon: A community in a forest, living on the trees. Sounds like a winner; I'm not sure if I would feel safe up there though, and I really hope I'd get enough light through the tree crowns.
Vivec City: Huge city (in relation with the others in the game), and has a demigod at its head. People of all races and classes live there. Downsides are the ordinators, and the fact that the game designers could have made it looks a lot more alive.
The City: Big metropole. The moon/planet/whatever looks quite cool. Looks quite like most real bigger cities.
City 17: looks grey and insipid to me.

I think I will vote for Vivec City. I just love those games..

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'm not sure if I would feel safe up there though

Certainly not for the vertiginous among us
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Half-Life is one of my favorite game series ever, second to maybe only RDR. So City 17 is naturally a given.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I vote that we end the insanity that is "Battle Of The *place person, place or thing here*" threads.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't mind the ubiquity of these type of threads, they're rather organized in terms of discussion topic, and they seem popular.

I vote Lothlórien, because I'd never live in the rest. That elvish haven has a far richer history and setting compared to the others rolled up in one.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I vote for The City because it has the most natural looking landscape with a wispy tranquil sky. I have no idea where any of these are from but The City is my favourite.

Showing 1-15 of 119