Forums

ForumsVideo Games

speed runs?

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 2:55am

Drink

Drink

1,654 posts

how many fellow AG members out there has done a speed run of their favorite video games?

the only one i ever attempted to do was Resident evil 2 (Leon A) and i did it in 1 hour and 42 minutes. i may try again someday and get done even faster

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 10:23pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

I try doing speed runs of war strategy games like Europa Universalis, or Crusader Kings, with a fixed objective in mind, such as making myself the ruler of X Kingdom and such, or conquering a number of provinces. Suffice to say, a speed run for those games still takes hours and hours, since there are so many details and factors to take into account.

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 11:10pm

treos

treos

102 posts

think i once managed a flawless run of mega man X on my real snes console, not an emulator, (first gme in the X series) but that was years ago and i only managed it that 1 time. no damage except in the vile fights and only when necessary to progress the story, all extra items (sub-tanks/heart tanks), all upgrades (not sure if i got the hadoken), and obviously all bosses. all in under 30 minutes :P

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 11:35pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,085 posts

SPEED RUN!!!

[Warning: lots and lots and lots of naughty words]

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 8:30pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,861 posts

SPEED RUN!!!

Haha... I'm dying right now xD

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 8:36pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,853 posts

Knight

I tried doing one with Majora's Mask recently. I stopped once I got to the Water temple.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 4:26pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,549 posts

Both times I beat Morrowind's main questline was basically a speed run because it's so stinking long (in a good way) took like 50+ hours to beat it the second times.

Never have truly tried a speed run on a video game, sounds like allot of fun though, should try it sometime.

~ManlyMan

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 5:19pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

571 posts

Both times I beat Morrowind's main questline was basically a speed run because it's so stinking long (in a good way) took like 50+ hours to beat it the second times.

It's funny because the fastest speed run of Morrowind is less than 5 minutes.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 6:52pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,549 posts

It's funny because the fastest speed run of Morrowind is less than 5 minutes.

Yeah but he was using a glitch which allowed for him to skip the entire quest part of the main questline.

~ManlyMan

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 10:51pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,083 posts

Never tried a speed run on any game yet. I think I'm capable of possibly doing a Pokemon speed run or a Kingdom Hearts speed run. I don't know though, speed runs look pretty stressful and actually require skill.

Reply to speed runs?

You must be logged in to post a reply!