ForumsGamesspeed runs?

14 5133
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

how many fellow AG members out there has done a speed run of their favorite video games?

the only one i ever attempted to do was Resident evil 2 (Leon A) and i did it in 1 hour and 42 minutes. i may try again someday and get done even faster

• 14 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I try doing speed runs of war strategy games like Europa Universalis, or Crusader Kings, with a fixed objective in mind, such as making myself the ruler of X Kingdom and such, or conquering a number of provinces. Suffice to say, a speed run for those games still takes hours and hours, since there are so many details and factors to take into account.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

think i once managed a flawless run of mega man X on my real snes console, not an emulator, (first gme in the X series) but that was years ago and i only managed it that 1 time. no damage except in the vile fights and only when necessary to progress the story, all extra items (sub-tanks/heart tanks), all upgrades (not sure if i got the hadoken), and obviously all bosses. all in under 30 minutes :P

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

SPEED RUN!!!

[Warning: lots and lots and lots of naughty words]

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

SPEED RUN!!!

Haha... I'm dying right now xD
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I tried doing one with Majora's Mask recently. I stopped once I got to the Water temple.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Both times I beat Morrowind's main questline was basically a speed run because it's so stinking long (in a good way) took like 50+ hours to beat it the second times.

Never have truly tried a speed run on a video game, sounds like allot of fun though, should try it sometime.

~ManlyMan

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Both times I beat Morrowind's main questline was basically a speed run because it's so stinking long (in a good way) took like 50+ hours to beat it the second times.

It's funny because the fastest speed run of Morrowind is less than 5 minutes.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

It's funny because the fastest speed run of Morrowind is less than 5 minutes.

Yeah but he was using a glitch which allowed for him to skip the entire quest part of the main questline.

~ManlyMan
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Never tried a speed run on any game yet. I think I'm capable of possibly doing a Pokemon speed run or a Kingdom Hearts speed run. I don't know though, speed runs look pretty stressful and actually require skill.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Tried a speed run with Super Mario Bros, and SMB 3. Got them both done in like 1 1/2 hours?

Trying a speed run with Madden 08 right now on franchise. Only taking me about 1 1/2 years to get done with half of it.

carol22
carol22
24 posts
Nomad

Spped runs? I like it

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The only time I speed run is on platformers, but my times aren't very impressive.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

my speedrun times are never impressive unless its one of my all time top favorite games that i know everything by heart

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Trying a speed run with Madden 08 right now on franchise. Only taking me about 1 1/2 years to get done with half of it.

How do you speed run a sports game? Do you mean by finishing the season as quick as you can? I don't think it's possible to speed run Madden because you don't have control over the time and AI.
Showing 1-14 of 14