ForumsPopular MediaUnderworld or Blade?

11 7210
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Which of these sci-fi action films do you like better? Do you prefer the hard-hitting hybrid, gangsta bad boy Blade or the sleek, lethal Selene in Underworld? Do you hate vampires as Blade does, or do you want to fight with them? Are vampires cool, or are they just a bunch of disgusting monsters?

I personally like Blade's character better, but I think Underworld was done better although I sympathize with Blade and feel nothing for vampires.

• 11 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think I've seen the first two Underworld movies and just couldn't get into them, but Blade had my attention all throughout. I haven't seen either in a few years though so my memory is a little foggy on what happens in them.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I believe in Blade, the lead character Blade, (played by Wesley Snipes) and his sidekick Abraham Whistler (Kris Kristofferson) are vampire killers. Blade is a vampire hunter who is searching for Decon Frost, a vampire who is attempting to resurrect the a vampire God-man known as the La Magra, and make himself invincible in the process. Matters are complicated when Blade brings a vampire bitten woman to their safe house in hopes of saving her before she turns and educates her in the "real" world, a dark world where vicious vampires and their familiars hide everywhere in plain sight.

In Underworld, the lead character Selene is a vampire who harbors a human that is doomed to turn into a lycan after being bitten by Lucian, the leader of all lycans who was rumored to have been killed centuries ago.
Despite the centuries old war between vampires and lycans, she keeps him safe and from him learns of a sinister plot. The lycans have finally found the only person who in the world who can be genetically altered into an invincible vampire-lycan hybrid, and that human is the man she must protect or the vampires will lose the war.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

It might look better like this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YiSHLEFuo4c/TvA3Ym9G3_I/AAAAAAAAR5g/5p7hxzEv28Y/s1600/blade_ver1.jpg

VS.

http://reviewtm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Underworld-2003.jpg

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Isn't Underworld that one movie that has had too many sequels and seems to be a re-animated version of itself to revenue more money?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Same could be said for Blade, you know.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Yeah, as with most movies, the original is usually the best. Blade 2 wasn't bad, but Blade: Trinity sucked. I've never seen the sequels to Underworld though. How many Lycan/Vampire maulings and fangs attacks can anybody sit through in two hours anyway?

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I enjoyed most of the underworld films. But the last blade was kinda boring. So I prefer underworld.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Yes, Blade focuses more on the character played by Wesley Snipes and less on the action, although there is still plenty of action in my opinion. In Underworld I thought Selene didn't get the deserved attention to her background and character. Underworld focuses more on the general conflict and adventure rather than the personal aspect of the main character like in Blade.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i really couldnt get into either one of them, but i i had to chose i would pick blade. it kept my interest somewhat more than underworld ever did. plus that blade 2 game on ps2 wasnt half bad imo

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I like underworld more because the twists and I like the way you get to see the back story of both sides whereas blade is like "ZOMG hes half vampire half human and he is black and has a sword he must be a demi god"

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

This is very interesting to hear all of these different outlooks and opinions on these two movies. I look forward to hearing more feedback soon. (Read my first two postings).

Showing 1-11 of 11