ForumsThe TavernSports you like/hate/play regularly.

24 9988
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Thought of this thread idea where I make all my life changing decisions and ideas, the shower.
I myself am not a very sporty kind of guy, I don't like most sports and find them boring and pointless, especially English Football, although most of the players and managers are not of English nationality. American Football is essentially wussy Rugby, and should be called handball not Football which seems a ridiculous sport to me. Anyway speaking on terms of sports I play regularly which are Tennis and Squash. I have been playing tennis since I was a young kid like most people and since last year have taken up Squash which is a cross between Tennis and Rugby Fives, me not being a sport/fitness freak did not realise how demanding the game was. But after frequent trips to the gym I have become more fit and have started to get quite good at Squash and enjoy it thoroughly; playing every weekend. So what sports do y'all like/play regularly? ^~^

• 24 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I can't be bothered watching any sport. I just don't find any of them exciting to watch, but I love playing basketball and football whenever it's warm enough out. I plan on trying golf in the spring time as well.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I love sports.. Die hard for them. I have played from tennis to soccer to baseball to football.

I gotta say though ever since I was 3 football has been my favorite sport. I have several years of hands-on experience with the sport itself and my whole life watching it. After that would come basketball&gtaintball (I played on a semi-pro team)>baseball>soccer>all other sports.

Right now I'm on off-season but I'll be returning to my fav sport in around 2 months. Time to hit the gym

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup has had many experiences with "sports". Never enjoyed them. People being showered with love for throwing someone into the dirt always seemed a bit barbaric.

However, cross country for Killersup has seemed to be enjoyable. Also on the addition, it makes the mile run in gym class ridiculously easy.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I'm not a fan of sports, I am the sport. My sport is playin' mastafully!

pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

I play soccer most of the time.... sometimes football and i think sports are very enjoyable (especially when the weathers nice). The only sport i dislike is baseball which is because its boring...end of story.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well I think it is fairly known here that I Crossfit

So that..I like that

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

have played from tennis to soccer to baseball to football.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Goddamit phone stop getting ahead of your self. Anyway what I was going to say is isn't soccer and football the same? I thought soccer was just the American term for football. Over here we have a similar equivalent to Baseball called Rounders, usually played be girls you have four bases and a bat.

However, cross country for Killersup has seemed to be enjoyable

Gah I cant stand long distance running I don't understand how you find it enjoyable.
Well I think it is fairly known here that I Crossfit

Never heard of that, what does it entail?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Never heard of that, what does it entail?

Tired right now..but I explain it thusly:
We essentially take all kinds of working out (lifting, cardio, gymnastics, etc), throw it in a blender, mix it up, and each day get something new.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

My favorite sport to play is ultimate frisbee. It's just so satisfying to throw a frisbee, and there's a million different ways to do it. Catching it and colliding into people is just a bonus. Rupturing ear drums is a minus.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

My favorite sport to play is ultimate frisbee. It's just so satisfying to throw a frisbee, and there's a million different ways to do it. Catching it and colliding into people is just a bonus. Rupturing ear drums is a minus.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I also play Golf. It's simple, yet challenging. Also, you will never (or at least should never) see anyone acting up on the course. The first thing you should learn when being taught Golf is the proper etiquette on the course. But you can still have fun with the game. Breaking three clubs on the same hole......good fun, that is.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Anyway what I was going to say is isn't soccer and football the same? I thought soccer was just the American term for football.

For me Soccer is Soccer and Football is Football. So yeah xD

Gah I cant stand long distance running I don't understand how you find it enjoyable.

I love this too.. Well it comes with the training I do for football so.
Zelph
Zelph
14 posts
Templar

Ultimate...! That reminds me some cool memories from school, and I totally agree with Bronze, satisfying to throw it away ; and also pretty relaxing when it was not in a match but in the school's park, in summer when we had a gap =)

Personally, I used to play Badminton, this sport has immediately attracted me: speed, power, movement, reaction, strategy... The best enjoyment I had playing it, was in competition. I should start playing again now I'm thinking about it, it's been years I didn't make sport regularly... ^^"

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Sports that I hate?
ALL OF THE SPORTS
Okay bye.

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

I play soccer.

Played it since I was a little kid (so about 12 years by now). Favorite position: Center left defense.
Most played position: Center midfield.

It's great. I love playing indoor soccer and outdoor soccer. Normally I play year round except a month or two break over summer. But this winter was weird and they stopped accepting players because they had enough.

Waiting for spring.

Showing 1-15 of 24