ForumsSupport ForumNew point addition?

24 3707
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok so I just got this idea. It probably won't go through the mods but im going to see what you guys think.

What if AG added a new point thing. Like another kind of merit or something. I think that they should add a new thing but that is just an opinion.

So, what do you think about this?

• 24 Replies
Temujin
Temujin
26 posts
Nomad

There are already 3 ways to earn merits, is there? And what exactly do you mean by 'new point thing'?

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well what I mean by a "new point thing" is that we will be able to get points by merits, referrals, commets, GR, GS, and another thing.

It was just an idea but I think it would be fun to have another way to get points.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Well, if you can come up with a good way to do it, then maybe it could be made! Just saying that we should have a new one doesn't help though, so start thinking of what could be implemented )

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well I would like if you could get merits in the forums and on comments.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

One thing that I have come up with would be to have SPAM report reward. If you report a big spammer and the is EVIDENCE that they are a spammer you could get 10 points or something.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think that would end up in a lot of users baiting and attacking each other, just so they can report them.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@Starscream's Idea

Okay, good idea, but which Armourgames User are you going to give it to out of the 50 people that say 'Hey, there's this spammer guy on the Forums!'

That's the only problem I see =(

@Avrilicious' Idea

What kind of Merit-Worthy Forum Posts would you give a merit to? A well thought out post in a debate, among the other 3 pages full of them. Or in the Support and Suggestions perhaps, the 4 people that give a very good reply in helping someone on Armourgames...

I don't get how that would work, way too many people make good posts for that, Game Comments work, but for Forum Posts? Every other post would have to be merited, it would seem! Good idea, I think, but that's a problem, again I think, as well.

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Hmm..I don't know.What if you made a new topic and it gets stickied you get like 15 points or something.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@ Sharkbate's Idea

I like that, but I can also, sorry to be negative about all these good ideas =(, can see people getting angry saying 'I was just about to do this!' blah blah blah, it wouldn't be too big of a problem, but you know how some people are when it comes to points, especially 15, my 15 assumption coming from the fact people spam for 10 points a refferal, I can see people fighting to get 15 points as well.
Again sorry to be negative, it would work well, but I don't know if anyone would want to put up with those kinds of people heheh.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I like SharkBate's idea!

To get stickied, a topic has to make a good point or give good information. People should get rewarded for that!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well that sticky posts may get outta hand sometimes. Some people make guides and sticky topics together like the Guide to Merits, is it fair who gets to post it? (Maybe it could be given to everybody somehiw)

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Ya, that might be an idea. The thing is though, most of the people who are willing to take that much time in making a topic worthy being stickied don't usually care about getting awarded for it. Most people just make topics like that so they can help out the community!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well I kind of wanted you guys to help me out come up with something new.

I have already posted what I thought of.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well im not sure, I was thinking this Game where you can get AP from! One type of featured game created or something? I dunno.....

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

What about earning points for buying items from the Armorgames store.

Maybe a point for every $1 you spend. Doesn't buying products from the store help out Armor Games?

Showing 1-15 of 24