Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Kelly Thomas Murder Trial

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:25pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

Exactly. The police seemingly have the notion that they don't have to follow any procedure, code of conduct, or let alone the law they are supposed to uphold. Simple communication would have solved the problem. Instead more or less, cops today act like angry, evil, irresponsible babies with guns and badges.

Yeah how about we cut it out with the asinine generalizations?

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:35pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

It's nice that you can hold on to the beliefs that make you feel better, but I can't ignore the whole picture. Let me share a short story with you.

I was driving across the county once to visit family. But I although I was driving safely and not speeding, I was still a suspicious person for driving a nice SUV though. I was driving a nice SUV through Arkansas so obviously I got pulled over for "weaving". I'm not bashing Arkansas here, but I will say that Bubba the Cop tried to jerk me around. Knew to shut up though because I didn't want to have B******* charges thrown at me.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:35pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:41pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

Good God! Can you even believe it? I guess he wants a legal means to murder people.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:42pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

but I can't ignore the whole picture.

Except you are ignoring the whole picture. You are completely generalizing and cherry picking. You are finding a few stories about cops that have either let the power go to their head or care not for how the system in which they are a part of should work (usually both), and ignore the rest of the police that actually do their jobs as they should.

A shame that the stories that put police in negative light (even though these stories are only putting a -specific select few- in negative light) are the ones that we hear rather than the multitude of good stories. But thus is the existence of our media.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 3:51pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

I might watch to much extreme media, but since when does the media cover anything positive? I don't hear many stories about cops saving lives, instead I hear to many stories about the police taking lives. The police have become intolerant of even the tiniest form of resistance and often over respond to the possibility anyone resisting, sometimes with tragic results. The sad part is that the police have seemingly become separated from our communities and at time seem like a separate faction.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 4:00pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

I might watch to much extreme media, but since when does the media cover anything positive? I don't hear many stories about cops saving lives,

Because these stories aren't interesting. Everything on the news tends to be negative but that is what interests most people, that is what gets most people watching. More people would watch a story on an officer shooting an innocent puppy rather than the story of an officer saving a puppy from a river.

The police have become intolerant of even the tiniest form of resistance and often over respond to the possibility anyone resisting, sometimes with tragic results. The sad part is that the police have seemingly become separated from our communities and at time seem like a separate faction.

We literally were just talking about generalizations in this thread...

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 4:05pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

themastaplaya:

read
read
read

kthxbye

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 4:20pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

I know you think that I'm a stupid n*****, but I what all those things are already. I don't want this to turn into an all out word fight here, so I will be the more mature, humble person and stoop down to your level remind you that this topic is about Kelly Thomas and the escalating amount police violence today. It's not about taking sides, it's about the police involved in these sort of offenses, and not about the entire history of law enforcement.

Posted Jan 19, '14 at 4:27pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

So essentially, this topic is about the cherry that I picked to talk about (The Kelly Thomas murder)

Reply to Kelly Thomas Murder Trial

You must be logged in to post a reply!