ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Culture

23 8499
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's 3:30 AM. AG is quiet. I've got the FGA chat in the other tab which is currently quiet. So I'm bored. I'm sitting here, looking through ancient profiles seeing what eighters were up to before they died. So I get bored with that and look through some niner profiles. Then tenners. Then eleveners. Then twelvers. And finally thirteeners. And I realized there was a lot of culture forged here and I figured that might be a good discussion topic. I think it's kind of interesting.

So, you know, you've got the little pranks and factoids, the unchanging vibrancy, and, of course, a lot of odd and otherwise mysterious lore. Plus, this might be a little helpful.

I guess my question is, what are some things you know about AG culture? What do you think about it?

• 23 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What do you mean it is quiet we are literally in there talking about the turmoils of being young and in love on miiverse.

I enjoy our culture, as I am quite vocal about, although I do must admit I worry about our culture sometimes, particularly with our obsession with inside jokes.

But then again, I have been an active participant many times, albeit I've been trying to lay off of them given my concerns with them..

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

--Searches for decent reply
--Reply not found
--ERROR 404
--Response: Activate generic reply
"That's very interesting pang. I agree."
--Else redirects to posting more interesting threads

An interesting thread some of you may remember.
A thread pertaining to one of the infamous "We think it might be AG3 but it probably isn't" situations.
One of the threads to welcome Ferret.
One of the edgier sides of the AMW.

There's some pretty cool stuff if you look for it.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Culture and Armor Games do not belong in any single sentence. I trust you will not repeat this mistake, Salvidian.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Armor Games Culture is a thread title. I mentioned AG culture in a sentence, but surely you realize that is of a different formatting. Completely different, surely.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

little pranks and factoids

It seems that there are more pages like this.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I think the best way to study AG culture is to just look at the armatars. So much of our history and personality are stored in those little pictures. Seeing one from 4 years ago is just a nostalgia blast.

As far as older history goes, the Sonny 2 forums were pretty awesome. Lots of creativity came from there. The strategy guides that people came out with. The amount of work that people put into dissecting the game, especially from No_Stress, was just amazing. I haven't seen people put so much into a flash game since.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Our culture is so amazing someone should start a museum on it.
(^ my thoughts)

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Armor Games Culture is a thread title. I mentioned AG culture in a sentence, but surely you realize that is of a different formatting. Completely different, surely.

Silly Sal, I don't think you found the irony/sarcasm/trick/suit yourself in my comment, which was supposed to be the point.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

What do you mean it is quiet we are literally in there talking about the turmoils of being young and in love on miiverse.

Love? Love? What the muffuble?!

I do must admit I worry about our culture sometimes, particularly with our obsession with inside jokes.

Inside jokes are normal. They exist in a lot of cultures.

Armor Games actually is a combination of many cultures built into one. It's not like we're all the same, but not all of us completely different.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Armorgames is where many cultures and backgrounds of gamers unite on common ground to game and make their voices heard in the forums.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

ancient profiles seeing what eighters were up to before they died.

Has anyone thought about the fact that some inactive accounts are probably because the person actually died somehow?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

As far as older history goes, the Sonny 2 forums were pretty awesome. Lots of creativity came from there. The strategy guides that people came out with. The amount of work that people put into dissecting the game, especially from No_Stress, was just amazing. I haven't seen people put so much into a flash game since.

Ahem, excuse me but have you seen the http://armorgames.com/community/thread/5772085/crush-the-castle-2-custom-castles/page/1

It has been full of creativity then and it still is today.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Inside jokes are normal. They exist in a lot of cultures.

Of course, that isn't my point. My point was our obsession with them
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Silly Sal, I don't think you found the irony/sarcasm/trick/suit yourself in my comment, which was supposed to be the point.

OBJECTION

Armor Games actually is a combination of many cultures built into one. It's not like we're all the same, but not all of us completely different.

This is true. The combination of cultures and personalities shaped it into a nice home.

Well...
Ancient wonderings of the Cosmos.
Speculation on entertainment.

(I don't feel like scavenging for more.)

The point of this thread wasn't necessarily to discuss your own threads... It was for discussing the going-ons here that reflect what users enjoy doing...

Has anyone thought about the fact that some inactive accounts are probably because the person actually died somehow?

As nerdy as it may sound, this keeps me up at night sometimes. For example, a few of the more popular users have suddenly vanished. It's kind of scary thinking about where they might have ended up.

Ahem, excuse me but have you seen the http://armorgames.com/community/thread/ ⦠les/page/1

It has been full of creativity then and it still is today.

You, CJ, Ernie, Tris and a few others are certainly good at CTC, but I think Bronze meant that Sonny 2 practically consumed everyone.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

As nerdy as it may sound, this keeps me up at night sometimes. For example, a few of the more popular users have suddenly vanished. It's kind of scary thinking about where they might have ended up.

*flashback of when Mino and I freaked out thinking Skele had died*
Showing 1-15 of 23