ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Culture

23 8469
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's 3:30 AM. AG is quiet. I've got the FGA chat in the other tab which is currently quiet. So I'm bored. I'm sitting here, looking through ancient profiles seeing what eighters were up to before they died. So I get bored with that and look through some niner profiles. Then tenners. Then eleveners. Then twelvers. And finally thirteeners. And I realized there was a lot of culture forged here and I figured that might be a good discussion topic. I think it's kind of interesting.

So, you know, you've got the little pranks and factoids, the unchanging vibrancy, and, of course, a lot of odd and otherwise mysterious lore. Plus, this might be a little helpful.

I guess my question is, what are some things you know about AG culture? What do you think about it?

• 23 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Of course, that isn't my point. My point was our obsession with them

Yeah, people go over the top with them too much. Its pretty bad in the newcomers forum since none of the new people have any idea whats happening.
Has anyone thought about the fact that some inactive accounts are probably because the person actually died somehow?

Yeah, its kinda a scary thought especially since we jokingly deem them dead even if they have just simply left.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

*flashback of when Mino and I freaked out thinking Skele had died*

I did not think Skele was dead. I was however very insistant on finding him via the public spying tool Google, sending him a letter, and possibly bugging him till he logged onto AG.

Don't judge me. It was pang's idea.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please do not spam.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

You, CJ, Ernie, Tris and a few others are certainly good at CTC, but I think Bronze meant that Sonny 2 practically consumed everyone.

Yep. Wasn't trying to imply that you guys weren't doing something awesome, sorry.

The next biggest thing I can think to compare Sonny 2 with was Colony. Lots of threads and there was even the GCD, but that still wasn't nearly as big as Sonny 2.

(btw, the links on the first page are a trap!)
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Salvidian]that Sonny 2 practically consumed everyone.[/quote]

Chiming in here as one who wasn't there at the time to discuss it (and so neither a part of that culture ), I think that may be because it was a clever game that invited it, and I haven't really seen anything like it since, or not to that extent. Certainly I would have had some questions and would have loved to discuss them, at the time! (But never thought of signing up for it, or couldn't be bothered to, I don't recall. Only so many forums and online involvements one can handle at any one time, or in my case, that's for sure.) I've tried to restart the game(s) since and relive the experience, but somehow find it's too much work and ado to really get back into it, or to evolve to any sort of level where it becomes really worth your while (or to find you've been investing in the wrong set-up, and so need to restart, yet once more... :-( ).

And/or, of course, maybe the concept was new at the time, whereas since these turn-based and skill tree-expansion games have become pretty ubiquitous, to the point of often tediousness indeed (at least again in my never very humble opinion).

As far as web culture and psychology goes... Oh, I don't currently have it in me I've said it before & will say it again, but I find practicing detachment is a good idea, offline as well as online. And I don't even mean that just in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way As for AG, it still looks like a friendly place, to me. I think I've only been called names once so far (!), maybe two or three, which to me certainly is saying something

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Has anyone thought about the fact that some inactive accounts are probably because the person actually died somehow?

That is quite a disturbing thought.

I was also thinking about if anyone had committed suicide due to AG... That is a scary thought 0_0

The next biggest thing I can think to compare Sonny 2 with was Colony. Lots of threads and there was even the GCD, but that still wasn't nearly as big as Sonny 2.

Sonny 2 was boring. I still don't get what the big deal was with it.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah I remember there was a separate forum for Sonny. It eventually died off of course. But that game was big and threads were everywhere. Firetail and a bunch people took over the flash game forum back then.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

The Ashlee says your stupid thread tho. LOLOL

Showing 16-22 of 23