Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Ice's Art.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 5:37am

MacII

MacII

1,368 posts

That's pretty impressive work, Ice, and for someone quite young, I forget what age you mentioned somewhere. Keep it up, and keep at it :)

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 1:42pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

672 posts

I wonder what materials you used to make something like this? I think they are some sort of gypsum boards, or hard-pressed cardboard which is subsequently coated with white plaster, or beomal ?!?

Purely foam board, it has a styrofoam core covered with paper.

First, I like the way you presented the holes in the building,they appear to be random,they have not been performed by some template and especially I like the way you presented the steel construction (rebar) within these holes. At the moment it may seem like the holes were created by some kind of a natural disaster or by construction machinery with the gigantic steel destroyer ball.

I was influenced by an artist I personally know so you can see some similarity. I spent up to 3 hours marking each side out precisely measuring every single thing, the width of the windows, spaces, slots etc. I was trying to create the aftermath of shells going right through the building as you can sort of see but not knowing how the artist did it, improvised in my own way. The steal rebars are actually not in the right pattern, they should be in a grid like pattern.
Regarding the rest of your points, I had planned to destroy it furthur and add telephone wires, satellite dishes and make it look more old and crumbling but this was done in a few weeks so I had to rush a lot of it. So I do agree with you. Bear in mind I was only 13 at the time.
Thankyou @Macll it was my first bigish sculpture actually and have done several more, bigger and better.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 1:27pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

672 posts

From the biro drawing of a shell, I did an etching from it and then printed it.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab169/Icemetal1/WP_201401174_zps8f9917ab.jpg

Here's another contour line drawing of another shell but using coloured pencils which are closer to the true colours of the shell. These are all for my Natural World project so you can understand the relation.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab169/Icemetal1/WP_201401172_zpse1e2994b.jpg

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 7:16pm

Ferret

Ferret

4,538 posts

Administrator

Looks sea-nsational!

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 8:28pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,552 posts

I'm feeling a little bit of am-bivalve-nce towards that pun, Ferret.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 11:17pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,024 posts

Is that building from Mirai Nikki?

Posted Jan 25, '14 at 4:55pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

672 posts

Looks sea-nsational!

Thankyou mr comedian.

Is that building from Mirai Nikki?

The building I made is just roughly based on your average council house block of flats. The artist I was inspired by was influenced by the war damaged buildings in Middle Eastern countries.

Posted Jan 25, '14 at 5:26pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,043 posts

I am deeply in love with that last one. it's beautiful mate, keep it up!

Posted Jan 26, '14 at 5:14am

R1a2z3e4

R1a2z3e4

82 posts

Very nice buildings !

Posted Jan 27, '14 at 3:05pm

mikacinikac

mikacinikac

370 posts

Nice arts man!
:)

Reply to Ice's Art.