Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Camping Trips

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 6:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Every few weeks during the warmer season I'll head out into deep woods by myself and hang for a week. It's a very relaxing time, though nothing interesting happens (which is why I like it).

Posted Mar 8, '14 at 7:37am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

The only funny camping story i have is about this one homeless guy who was wandering around near our campsite one time when i was maybe 12 or 13. he was obviously drunk out of his mind since he was carrying some kind of bottle in a paper bag, and he was having a hard time walking probably due to the alcohol. he stayed clear of us and the other people most of the time, but he did at one point turn and look directly at me from about 50 feet away and yelled "THE LIES THEY TOLD.. ALL WILL BE REVEALED!!" and walked away. I probably laughed for at least 10 minutes.

Posted Mar 11, '14 at 3:05pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

I have a funny drunk guy camping story too. One time when I was fishing up in the Sierra Nevada there was this drunk guy sleeping down by the creek, and he would occasionally yell out something inaudible at like 180 decibels. He finally left. He drove off (yes, you heard that right) in his pickup truck really fast.
That was the end of that.

Posted Mar 11, '14 at 4:06pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

317 posts

Take this to heart from a veteran of the US Infantry two time Iraq deployment on survivability methods.

Always always always pack toilet paper or equivalent in a zip lock bag. You will never regret this decision, ever.

The alternatives are not worth it. Forest ground foliage is not a desirable alternative. Socks may be used but they belong on your feet. Hand method is probably on of the worst methods. Just don't do it.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 5:05pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

Always always always pack toilet paper or equivalent in a zip lock bag. You will never regret this decision, ever.
The alternatives are not worth it. Forest ground foliage is not a desirable alternative. Socks may be used but they belong on your feet. Hand method is probably on of the worst methods. Just don't do it.

Yes, I learned this the hard way. D:
Most forest foliage sucks for wiping; it's cold, hard, and stiff. But if you have to use foliage, just make sure that it isn't poison ivy!!!

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 12:54am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

He drove off (yes, you heard that right) in his pickup truck really fast.

Haha drunk guys are hilarious.. are you sure you didnt hear a loud crash after he drove off? xp

Reply to Camping Trips

You must be logged in to post a reply!