ForumsForum GamesPillage The Village

45 11348
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Welcome to my newest game, pillage the village! this is a game of pillaging villages, which you will quickly get the hang of. this game is really not an RPG, but there is a character sheet. in this game, you will build a questing force of adventurers to pillage villages (and villagers) around the world. You are an outlaw, getting money by robbery, muggings, and such. this game takes place in a medieval Europe-like area, but is in no way similar to it. I will explain how to play below the character sheet. there is a considerable amount to read here, but you should read it all.

Character Sheet: (CS)
Name:
Level: 1 (0/10 XP)
Group Name: (fill this in as you want, it will be what your party is called)
Group Members: N/A (as you pillage, you will gain more)
Equipment: N/A (what you and your party members have equipped. this list will get large)
Inventory: N/A (also getting large, this is what you own that is not equipped to an adventurer, but can still include equipment not being used. consumable items and such also go here)
--------------------
Gold: 0 (your current amount of cash. earned by pillaging!)
Total gold pillaged: 0 (your overall total, never deducted)
Total pillages: 0 (the amount of villages pillaged)

you can pillage the village as many times as you want. this is different from my past games where you could only do things once day. I changed this because once a day is to boring and spread out.

Village sheet: (VS)

the village is not going to just let you take what you want without a fight. this is why you need to build a team, gain equipment, level up, and be active to be the most effective village pillager. here is the sheet for the village, I will explain what the components of it mean below:

Village:
Buildings: 3 residential huts
Protections: N/A
Maximum Pillage: 100 G
Possible loots: N/A
Possible Pillagers: 0

Buildings means whats in the village. so, 3 residential huts means there are 3 homes people are living in. that's what you will be pillaging. nothing else. Protections equal what the village is trying to do to stop you. right now, there is nothing. you will be guaranteed gain loot, no matter the amount. that amount is randomized based on the amount of pillagers you have. there is a system I will use to determine this: your minimum pillage is equal to the amount of pillagers you have multiplied by 2. the size of the the village will be taken into consideration when giving gold. the maximum amount of gold you can pillage is self explanatory, and this rises as the village grows larger. possible loots means what you could possibly gain. weapons, armor, etc.. The potential pillagers means the potential amount of adventurers that you could gain from any given pillage. the chances of gaining one are slight until later levels.

as players pillage the village, it will gain defenses. not every pillage will be successful. eventually, the village will gain guards, a jail, and other things I wont spoil. here are all the potential outcomes of pillages:
1. success! you gain gold, potential loot or pillagers.
2. defeated. when the guards come in, (and there will by many kinds), you could be defeated. in this case, the pillage is a failure.
3. jailed. when the village gets a jail (which it will, but not for awhile), guards could jail you instead of just defeat you. if you are jailed, you can do 2 things: bail yourself and your team out, or serve your time. other players may try busting you out, which I will explain when the time comes. this bail is judged by the amount of people in your team, and can only be paid out of pocket.
4. killed. if you are killed, which is unlikely, you cannot play for 4 days. you will only be killed by certain things, which I wont spoil now.

Leveling up:

you gain XP based off of how successful the pillage was. you are guaranteed at least 4 XP every pillage, but this amount could get into the 30's.
leveling up determines the following:
1. your amount of pillagers cannot exceed your level
2. some equipment has level requirement
3. your pillage amount in gold will be factored by this, but not based entirely off of it.

Notes:
1. everyone pillages the same village.
2. this might seem like a bad idea, because the village will quickly grow and gain defenses, so new players might easily be foiled. however, new players will have 5 day protection from getting thrown in jail or killed or getting denied gold.

good luck and happy pillaging! and keep in mind there is no PvP, just players helping eachother.

• 45 Replies
Showing 61-60 of 45