ForumsGamesMadden NFL

14 8006
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

With the Superbowl approaching, figured this is a good time to fire up the discussion of Madden NFL.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131004193121/ultimateallstars/images/7/7d/Madden-NFL-Logo-no-year.png

I personally find the game to be quite enjoyable, especially for the more casual gamers (and for those sports fans who wont have a chance IRL.)

Anyone have any tricks, tips or suggestions?

Also, be sure to stop by and check out MrGoldenSports for some epic gameplay. He's fun to watch, and provides some excellent tips and narration to assist you with your gameplan. =D

• 14 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I never got into Madden anymore than casually playing while at a friends house. For some odd reason, I always choose the panthers and I do pretty well considering I don't have the game.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I picked up Madden 25 not long ago. It was the first time in a couple of years. It made some incremental improvements. It's the only football game out there so I decided why not. It's physics system is better. Although I think they still need to work on the commentators, the crowd (more cheers/louder crowd), and some other stuff.

I played connected franchise with the 49ers and it got to exactly in real life. Broncos/Pats and 49ers/Seahawks. I beat the Seahawks though and will face the Broncos. Too bad it wasn't like that irl.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Too bad it wasn't like that irl.

Finally! A 49ers fan! My life isn't ruined! xD

As for the topic at hand here... I've never really played Madden before except at a friend's house, where I got crushed as they didn't even tell me the controls... But it's a fun game nonetheless.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

They took off the Fly Eagles Fly chant.

Anyway, madden nfl games are only good during the season, on the off season, no one is online.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I picked up Madden 25 not long ago. It was the first time in a couple of years. It made some incremental improvements. It's the only football game out there so I decided why not. It's physics system is better. Although I think they still need to work on the commentators, the crowd (more cheers/louder crowd), and some other stuff.

I want Madden 25 so bad... I don't have an Xbox or PS though.

The commentators in the releases of late are really just repetitive. They don't say names, they are monotone.... Just not that fun. Sound just like the guys IRL.

Finally! A 49ers fan! My life isn't ruined! xD

Whoah, two Niners fans. What a miracle. XD

where I got crushed as they didn't even tell me the controls... But it's a fun game nonetheless.

You make it sound pretty exciting.

Anyway, madden nfl games are only good during the season, on the off season, no one is online.

You sure about that? I watched Madden commentators all through the offseason, and they were posting pretty much two videos a day of the Ranked matches.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Whoah, two Niners fans. What a miracle. XD

*sigh*

You make it sound pretty exciting.

It is very exciting when you're running in circles and chuck the ball into nowhere =)
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It is very exciting when you're running in circles and chuck the ball into nowhere =)

I've been playing Madden for like a year and a half now, and I just barely got the hang of staying IN the pocket to pass, and not running around and just throwing it.... It takes a bit of skill.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I've been playing Madden for like a year and a half now, and I just barely got the hang of staying IN the pocket to pass, and not running around and just throwing it.... It takes a bit of skill.

Depends which quarterback you are playing as. Did you notice how easy running the ball is now?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Depends which quarterback you are playing as.

True... But that doesn't affect whether the receiver is open or not. Even the best can throw those INT's.

Did you notice how easy running the ball is now?

I personally don't have Madden 25. But, I do have 08, and I watch the commentators and their videos, and I can see that they have way more luck running the ball then I do.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i never found football games in general that fun, although madden 25 online was a good time killer

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Was playing with my Franchise last night, best team I've ever constructed with an overall of 96.

Got beat at home by the Seahawks 10-3 thanks to my QB getting hurt and the backups throwing one INT after another.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Even though I won the SB with the 49ers 35-31 vs Broncos. I did lose to the Seahawks twice in the regular season. 44-17 in first meeting and 34-28 in second meeting. However in the NFC Championship we beat them 32-29.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Even though I won the SB with the 49ers 35-31 vs Broncos. I did lose to the Seahawks twice in the regular season. 44-17 in first meeting and 34-28 in second meeting. However in the NFC Championship we beat them 32-29.

Seahawk's and niners' in 25 i feel were a little overpowered. The big hits and stuff are just too.... unrealistic.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah Seahawks will rough you up pretty hard on defense. It seems like the slider for a stripped ball or an interception for the Seahawk's defense goes up when you play them. The 49ers defense is unstoppable too except when I handle the defense. I'm horrible on defense. I don't know if you were talking about online matches though. I haven't played online much except for a few Ultimate Team games. I have to say, it's very laggy on online.

Showing 1-14 of 14