ForumsNews and Feedback[suggestion] Notifications for being tagged

23 9393
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I was thinking that perhaps there should be a notification box (with a link to the post you were tagged in) for when you get tagged in a post since the auto-comment system didn't work out.

• 23 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've sent this thread to @Boppins as well, but I think I see what is trying to be accomplished - just agree with Devoidless that this may not be the best way. I think we'd all like thread notifications of some sort, it's always in the back of my mind.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

My name is Dapro, and I approve this message. The addition of notifications would make this more like a social media site in my mind, and it could possibly start up activity again?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My name is Dapro, and I approve this message. The addition of notifications would make this more like a social media site in my mind, and it could possibly start up activity again?

I don't see how giving it features of a social media site are a downside. Users talk over the Forums or Comments page, it's almost the same thing.

On the other hand, if the coding effort is not outweighed by it's benefit, than on well. Never thought of that. :L
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I think I see what is trying to be accomplished - just agree with Devoidless that this may not be the best way. I think we'd all like thread notifications of some sort

Yeh, or more specifically a post history, as far as I'm concerned. Notifications I can do without.

So a notification every time someone finds it in themselves to mention your name, I can only add to some of the others*: Why, to be immediately followed by: Please spare me.

* And at the risk of repetition, honestly haven't read it all.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

or more specifically a post history, as far as I'm concerned.

+ Thread subscriptions/unsubscriptions, I forgot to say.

I know I've said this before, but. The occasional repetition can't hurt
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I think they are working on it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This won't happen quickly, there are other things being worked on.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I would still say there is no need... and even if they work on something, they vare surely more important things to do.

Showing 16-23 of 23