ForumsForum GamesLast Hope (X-Com RPG)

32 8483
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

We've known and have anticipated an alien assault. We've built secret bases in every continent and pushed technology as far as humanly possible and recruited the best soldiers from around the world but is it enough? We have both dreaded and awaited the call from the council, activating the program. That call has arrived and in all it's horrors. First U.F.O appears over Europe seeming to observe but shortly hostile forces dropped. The program has been activated and personnel have arrived at their stations ready to defend Earth and all it's people. Who will you be in this time of terror? What are you willing to do to save humanity?

This based off of one my favorite strategy games of all time. There will be five different job classes. The five classes are soldier (Will see majority of action but will also be in most danger), command (Head of one of the bases, only five will be available.), scientist (one of the more 'safe' classes, experiment with alien technology), engineer (again one of the more 'safe' classes, build and construct weapons, vehicles, etc. for the program), and finally operative (In field agents scattered across the world looking for alien tech and any alien activity, in almost as much danger as soldiers)

All classes have sub-class that will be available as you rank up, kill aliens, or overall performing well in your job.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Nationality: (Country)
Job: (Soldier, Command, Scientist, Engineer, or Operative)
Class: (I will fill this in)
Inventory: (I will fill this in)
Health: 50/50
Armor: (Depends on what job you take)
Description: (What you look like and how you act)
History: (What has lead you up to this point. If you don't fill this in, I will)

• 32 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

bump

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Name: Elliott Seth
Nationality: US
HQ: North America
Job: Engineer
Class: None
Inventory: Flame-retardant padded jumpsuit, repair kit,
Armor: 5/5
Will: 50
Xp: 0/10
Stats (Assign 50 points to each)
Str: 12
Dex: 8
Int: 16
Wis:16
Cha: 8
Description: A small (5' easily frightened man

The aircrafts slows down and you can feel it descend and then suddenly the ramp drops revealing a huge hangar with several other aircraft like the one you're in. Mobs of people stand as their name are called out. The soldier who put you on the aircraft step down to the bottom of the ramp "Alright, everyone off, let's move it!" he says

Nameanwar
Nationality: USA
HQ: North America
Job: Soldier
Inventory: civilian clothes
Armor: 40/40
Will: 55/55
Skills
Strength:10
Dexterity:14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 10
Description: 6'5,pale skin, blue eyes, normal buff. Though he treats his allies kindly, he will always get the urge to gun down an alien when he sees one, even if ordered against it.however,he has a bit of nerdyness in his past: occasionally he will say things like "This reminds me of raze 2."
History: he is 45 years old...and spent most of his early childhood playing. Then he became obsessed with computers.
when he was about 18,he heard that aliens were coming. Saying goodbye to his parents, he joined the army. Then he was recruited to defend against the aliens.hes done that ever since.

The officer finally gets to your name "Danwar, you are to report to barracks 4-5A. You have been assigned to Tiger squad." he yell aloud. The entrance into the base from the hangar is to the right with directions to the different areas displayed on the exiting corridor. Several people are assigned after you to tiger squad as well and begin to make their way there where their gear is located.

Name: Rudolf Fuchs
Nationality: Germany
HQ: Europe
Inventory: a mainly black Kevlar-Dragonskin Armor suit with a purple viper painted on the chest, X55 Assault Rifle(40/40), M3 grenade, and a Daggertooth semi-auto pistol
Skills (Distribute 50 points)
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 15
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 15
Description: Brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin, 5'11, and scrawny. Good-natured, stubborn, and easily angered.
History: Rudolf was a member of the Kommando Spezialkrafte (KSK) when X-Com pushed for his transfer to the international agency. Ironically, it was for his insubordination rather than his heroism. During a mission to capture a high-value Taliban commander, the KSK would only be able to capture, not kill the commander, due to hands-tied policies Germany had. Normally, no one would fire and would be forced to let him go. Rudolf, in a state of temporary recklessness, shot and killed the commander. He was set to be court-martialed for committing a war-crime, (killing a person without leave from command or protocol) when X-Com took him in for his previous service and his alleged "results at all cost" attitude.

The squad leader gives you the smallest smile "Guten tag, Rudolph." she says plainly to you with a thick german accent then walks into the middle of the barracks "At ease, I am Sergeant Himmel and welcome to Viper Squad. In Viper Squad we are a family. We are not here for personal gain but for the sake of the human race so that means we all need to get along. Our first official mission will be three other squads in 10 hours. Get some rest, go eat, and get to know your fellow squadmates. Any concerns or questions, report directly to me." she says before going in the back of the barracks where the weapons are stored. The Viper's barracks is pretty standard with bunk beds near the entrance, and the squad leader's room in the back. Shower and bathrooms are also installed in every barracks. The names of each soldier is displayed on a metal plague nailed at the foot of each bed.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Bump

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Inventory: a mainly black Kevlar-Dragonskin Armor suit with a purple viper painted on the chest, X55 Assault Rifle(40/40), M3 grenade, and a Daggertooth semi-auto pistol
Description: Brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin, 5'11, and scrawny. Good-natured, stubborn, and easily angered.
History: Rudolf was a member of the Kommando Spezialkrafte (KSK) when X-Com pushed for his transfer to the international agency. Ironically, it was for his insubordination rather than his heroism. During a mission to capture a high-value Taliban commander, the KSK would only be able to capture, not kill the commander, due to hands-tied policies Germany had. Normally, no one would fire and would be forced to let him go. Rudolf, in a state of temporary recklessness, shot and killed the commander. He was set to be court-martialed for committing a war-crime, (killing a person without leave from command or protocol) when X-Com took him in for his previous service and his alleged "results at all cost" attitude.

Himmel? I believe there was a Nazi fellow named Himmel. Connection? >:/

I follow, but I skim over the plaques looking for my own bed. When I get to the squad armory, I look for the weapon that I'll be using, the X55 Assault Rifle.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Name:Nick Lasher
Job: Command
Armor: can you give me options
Will: i don't get what you mean
Skills huh?
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 5
Description: black fow hawk (can I have sunglases?) I am brave and can push on with my mind
History:

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Will: i don't get what you mean
Skills uhmm
Dexterity: 4
Wisdom: 4
Description: black fow hawk (can I have sunglases?) I am brave and can push on with my mind black eyes
History:

oops forgot some stuff

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry for the wait, was very busy these past days)

There might be although nothing too much to worry about

There is a row of bunks on each side and you see your name on the bottom bunk on the left side right in the middle of the row. As you approach the squad's armory, the Sgt. Himmel notices you and opens up a large locker that contains all of the rifles, pistols, and gear for the squad's operation. She picks up a sleek, black rifle that resembles a mix between a HK G-36c and a Scar-H. She holds the gun out meaning for you to take it "Get to know it, soldier. It'll save your *** out in the field. I have read your file Fuchs and I must say I am....impressed however don't read too much into it. Our first mission is also a evaluation, whoever performs the best will become my second along with a nice promotion. I expect you will not disappoint me." she says with a half-smile

HQ: South America
Will: 60 (Will is how well your character responds to situations)
Skills (Skills determine how well a certain action will play out and you get 60 points to distribute for being in command)
Dexterity: 4
Wisdom: 4
Charisma
Description: black fow hawk (can I have sunglases?) I am brave and can push on with my mind black eyes
History:

(You can have sunglasses if you really want. You could have some sort of interface sunglasses that act like a HUD display like in Halo. You must remember that all X-com bases are underground)

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Will: 60
Skills 6
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 6
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 12
Description: black fow hawk hud sunglases I am brave and can push on with my mind black eyes

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I take the rifle, getting a feel for it, which shouldn't be too hard judging that the HK series is used in the KSK. "I'm not very well represented in my file, I presume. Regardless, I will perform to the best of my abilities, ma'am." I smile back at Himmel. If she has nothing else to say, I turn and head to my bunk and sort it out.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

She says nothing in return only a simple nod as she goes back to taking stock of the squad's equipment. You head towards your bunk where a locker on the left of it displays your name and has a hand-scanner in the middle as well as a voice box that says in a robotic tone "Place your hand on the scanner and say your name."

Inventory: Dragonskin armor vest under a yellow commander's jacket, V.I.S.S. Hud glases, and a Blackwidow magnum (6/6)
Armor: 25/25
Skills 6
Description: black fow hawk hud sunglases I am brave and can push on with my mind black eyes

(You can choose armor once you have leveled up and technology unlocks)

You stand at the commander's podium in the center of a large room with men and women manning different computers all centered around a large holographic model of the Earth. Your base along with all the other X-com bases are currently displayed as well as X-com's advanced satellites. You notice a red blip flying over Argentina just as one officer says "UFO spotted, sir, hovering over Argentina. What are your orders?" he asks. You should know that your base currently has a staff of 30 scientists, 20 engineers, and 10 squads of 8 soldiers each, 3 AIE fighters, and 2 heavy dropships.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Inventory: Dragonskin armor vest under a yellow commander's jacket, V.I.S.S. Hud glases, and a Blackwidow magnum (6/6)
Skills 6

hold on i want to see what it does

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Character Sheet:
Name: Jason Cowell
Nationality: England
Armor: (Depends on what job you take)
Description: Brown medium length hair with black eyes. Has a small vertical scar on his right cheek. Friendly although he has a dark sense of humour.
History:

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I place my hand on the scanner firmly. "Rudolf Fuchs."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Skills 6

The UFO hovers around on the holographic earth, nicknamed the "Geo-scape", before settling in one position and one of the command room operators says a little nervously "It has landed sir! Satellite imaging shows unidentified creatures emerging from the ship. It appears to be in a rural area with minimal civilian population and the ship itself looks like a scout configuration." as he says this several humanoid-type heat signatures emerge from the ship in a loose group then a more detailed image shows:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130418235007/deadliestfiction/images/7/7d/XCOM_Sectoid.jpg

Character Sheet:
Name: Jason Cowell
Nationality: England
Inventory: a dark-blue Kevlar-Dragonskin Armor suit with shark-teeth painted around the edges on the front, X55 Assault Rifle(40/40), M3 grenade, and a Daggertooth semi-auto pistol (10/10)
Strength:
Dexterity:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:
Description: Brown medium length hair with black eyes. Has a small vertical scar on his right cheek. Friendly although he has a dark sense of humour.
History:

You wait inside of your barracks with the rest of your squad, most of them already geared up as the sergeant has ordered all of you to do because he wants to do a few drills before your first mission. He introduced himself as Enrique Verruci, a clean-cut, textbook definition of a military hard-***. You weapons lay on your bunk, the top bunk on the right side in the front of the row, along with your state-of-the-art body armor suit.

"Analyzing.....Complete. Welcome to Viper Barracks, Rookie Fuchs!" it says before opening revealing your body armor and a computer system that displays several different programs such as mission database, staff database, recreational games. The device works as a high-powered tablet that is capable of almost anything a normal high-power computer could do. A mouse and headset accessories hang off of the door.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Well, the most important thing we should learn is the members of Viper squad. I look for the squad in the database and read through the dossiers and such pertaining to the soldiers. What I'm looking for is anything that would give me ideas about their personalities.

Showing 16-30 of 32