Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Annoying commercials, ads ...ect

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 5:01pm

pierocet

pierocet

26 posts

I personally hate any form of ads and commercials and find them all annoying and i know that a lot of people think the same way... so whats your least favorite commercial? Example "World of War Planes"..

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 7:03pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

630 posts

My least favorite is the one where that guy is trying to catch meteorites, although I don't seem to get many ads anymore.

Posted Jan 23, '14 at 10:50pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Moved to the Tavern.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 1:56am

cptbignuts12

cptbignuts12

424 posts

The ads that annoy me the most are the ones that take up the whole screen and play some video when you enter some sites. Other forms of annoying ads are sites with armies of ads jumbled up together and i cant even, i don't even.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 8:26am

Reton8

Reton8

2,498 posts

Example "World of War Planes"..

Lol, wow I feel ya on this one. I didn't mind the ad at all, at first. But I must have seen it so many times.

I noticed that a lot of online sites, even YouTube, struggle with ad variety. It might have to do with the way the ad system works (and I know a lot of sites rely on the same system) or that the companies might pay for their ad to always be played before a certain video or game for a set amount of time (example: always play 5 hour energy ad before SpecificVideo for a two week period).

Anyway, I hope that the company in charge of the ad system modifies their system to vary up which video ads you see more often to stop the repetitive ads from happening.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 11:33am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

Anything that repeats endlessly. So I have a pet hate for a period, before the ads change.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 11:54am

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

283 posts

I hate the World of Planes ad too its just annoying

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 12:01pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

735 posts

I hate the World of Planes ad too its just annoying

Yes that one is.
I hate the super hero ads like MARVEL HEROS.
>:(

~~Black~~

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 12:32pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

Television adverts are usually cheap, cringy and annoying. There seems to be a loss of imagination when directors come to making them, doing anything they can think of to get your attention, this is usually done by the most annoying way possible. In the UK an infamous advert is Go Compare, featuring a fat man with a moustache singly badly and coming up with annoying speech. The producers actually took this huge wave of hatred to their advantage by producer fake vandalised posters around the UK which people thought were real and started posting photos on the internet. This in fact massively boosted Go Compare as people without thinking essentially advertised it. Still nobody went to Go Compare. There are many examples of bad adverts but also some very thoughtful and entertaining adverts like Cadburys eyebrows one which was very popular. Surveys show that funny and entertaining adverts are 59% more effective than boring or annoying ones.

Posted Jan 24, '14 at 12:34pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,355 posts

Administrator

Have you guys heard of this game? WORLD OF WARPLANES!

Reply to Annoying commercials, ads ...ect

You must be logged in to post a reply!