ForumsThe TavernAnnoying commercials, ads ...ect

34 11239
pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

I personally hate any form of ads and commercials and find them all annoying and i know that a lot of people think the same way... so whats your least favorite commercial? Example "World of War Planes"..

• 34 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

My least favorite is the one where that guy is trying to catch meteorites, although I don't seem to get many ads anymore.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Moved to the Tavern.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

The ads that annoy me the most are the ones that take up the whole screen and play some video when you enter some sites. Other forms of annoying ads are sites with armies of ads jumbled up together and i cant even, i don't even.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Example "World of War Planes"..

Lol, wow I feel ya on this one. I didn't mind the ad at all, at first. But I must have seen it so many times.

I noticed that a lot of online sites, even YouTube, struggle with ad variety. It might have to do with the way the ad system works (and I know a lot of sites rely on the same system) or that the companies might pay for their ad to always be played before a certain video or game for a set amount of time (example: always play 5 hour energy ad before SpecificVideo for a two week period).

Anyway, I hope that the company in charge of the ad system modifies their system to vary up which video ads you see more often to stop the repetitive ads from happening.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Anything that repeats endlessly. So I have a pet hate for a period, before the ads change.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

I hate the World of Planes ad too its just annoying

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I hate the World of Planes ad too its just annoying

Yes that one is.
I hate the super hero ads like MARVEL HEROS.
>

~~Black~~
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Television adverts are usually cheap, cringy and annoying. There seems to be a loss of imagination when directors come to making them, doing anything they can think of to get your attention, this is usually done by the most annoying way possible. In the UK an infamous advert is Go Compare, featuring a fat man with a moustache singly badly and coming up with annoying speech. The producers actually took this huge wave of hatred to their advantage by producer fake vandalised posters around the UK which people thought were real and started posting photos on the internet. This in fact massively boosted Go Compare as people without thinking essentially advertised it. Still nobody went to Go Compare. There are many examples of bad adverts but also some very thoughtful and entertaining adverts like Cadburys eyebrows one which was very popular. Surveys show that funny and entertaining adverts are 59% more effective than boring or annoying ones.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Have you guys heard of this game? WORLD OF WARPLANES!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Have you guys heard of this game? WORLD OF WARPLANES!

Lol, hehe :]
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Is this some kind of AG HQ joke...? O.o

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

No, we were all complaining about how the World of Warplanes ad pops up all the time, so obviously we saw it. That's why it's funny. I had to give props, but the best I could think of was an "lol".

AG doesn't have the kind of direct control over the ads, to help vary them up. I believe it's a separate company in charge of the ad system. I think it may be the same company that handles the ad system for YouTube that also does AG. If I'm right I think it's a very large company and many websites use it. YouTube (and pretty much any website I've visited) suffers from the same repetitive ad issue. So until said company/companies improve upon their ad generating algorithm/program (or script?), we will have to see the repetitive video ads.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

That's why it's funny. I had to give props, but the best I could think of was an "lol".

You had to give a game called 'World of Warplanes' props? I'm sure they already have more than they know what to do with. In fact, I bet they are trying to rid of a few.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

A couple years ago I always heard in the commercials:

I wanna go to Friendly's!

Really tho.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Hmm...

Mike mike mike mike mike mike guess what day it is?

Yeah, that ones annoying. Especially since tons of people I know do this every Wednesday.

Showing 1-15 of 34