ForumsThe TavernAnnoying commercials, ads ...ect

34 11254
pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

I personally hate any form of ads and commercials and find them all annoying and i know that a lot of people think the same way... so whats your least favorite commercial? Example "World of War Planes"..

• 34 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

A friend yesterday chuckled & pointed to an ad for some new gizmo (tablet or I-padpod or somesuch): "Now with an off switch." LOL.

They're currently advertizing some new Senseo whatever coffee pad thing here that "fits almost all machines" of that brand. ROFL.

pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

I think i watched the World of War Planes commercial at least 50 times...literally
lol i hate W.o.W.P especially because you cant skip it!!!and it soooo long (30sec) + its on almost every game.....!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

You had to give a game called 'World of Warplanes' props? I'm sure they already have more than they know what to do with. In fact, I bet they are trying to rid of a few.

I had a few lying around and I thought the warplanes would be running short (considering the number of times their ad runs). So, naturally I gave them some propellers.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Does anyone remember the Febreze commercials from a few years ago for some kind of electric air freshener? It was underscored by this musical track (I won't call it a song because the term doesn't apply) that consisted of a heavily produced, echoing whistle riff and a female voice going "Badadadadadada" melodically set to a beat that consisted of what sounded like human fingers snapping and a few bass notes. Pretty idiotic tune.

I didn't pay any attention to this commercial until I thought about the fact that someone somewhere had to write, record, and produce this tune. I then thought about the writing process that went into it, and I pictured some woman in some studio somewhere saying "Badadadadadada" into a microphone (and doing a couple takes, of course, because the first few times weren't quite good enough for this commercial). And then I thought about how much effort the person who produced this tune must have put into it, and how proud he must have been when his tune appeared on a Febreze commercial.

As a result of these thought processes, I couldn't help but laugh every time that commercial came on.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

[quote]So, naturally I gave them some propellers.[/quote]

That was really good. And yes, Ernie I remember that one. I don't know why that thought never occurred to me.

*In the studio*
"Bdadadadadadadada........"

"[b]CUT!
Do it again. I just didn't feel that one."

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

This isn't an AG commercial, but I think the Farmers Only ad on TV is pretty asinine. Another one would be the Preparation-H commercials.

pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

I got to give some credit to "Hummppp Dayyy" even though it was annoying..lol
Who feels like killing that pesky little lizard on the geico commercial cuz i think he should be fired....?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Head-On, apply directly to the forehead.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

"It's such a perfect day. "
"- I'm glad I spent it with you."

It's not a perfect day when that ad plays before every single video you watch.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The other one that is really bothering me is that Prism ad, or whatever it is called. It's one of those internet/phone/cable bundle companies. One annoying part if that it refers to the internet and cable as what 'owers your devices'. No. The wall outlet and battery powers those, the internet and cable give me more things to do on them. The other grating part is that the ad is shown before -every- video I watch, I swear.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

What if the ad companies purposely pick ads that will annoy us and they make sure they play over and over, even though they could vary them up, in hopes of annoying us into buying the product?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

All internet ads I've seen are annoying so I always browse with ad blockers. On television the 3-5 minute infomercials are pretty bad. They have people acting ridiculously stupid to try and sell something that's not really needed. I like the overly-dramatic car and alcohol commercials though, they can be funny.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Alright, my least favorite is the "Pants 'm Lord?" ad I have to see every time I log on to AG.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

annoying us into buying the product?

LOL, Reton, someone's gonna run away with that idea. "Buy our product, be rid of the spam."
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The most annoying ad, is any ad with that stupid cox guy (I think his name is paul, runs around annoying his family)

or an the toyota guy, he is annoying too

I would rather be subjected to Ruby Rod or Jar Jar then these two.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 16-30 of 34