ForumsThe TavernPC vs MAC

10 3489
pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

i am thinking on buying a computer but i cant decide between a PC and a MAC what is your favorite computer brand??

• 10 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

PC is my favorite. I'm a huge Windows fan, and despite what many say, Windows 8 is an excellent OS. Macs are good, reliable laptops, but they are expensive. Macs also are not very customizable.

I just got a new laptop about two weeks ago. It is a Toshiba Satellite equipped with Windows 8. Despite being only $408, my new laptop works just as well as any Mac in terms of speed and ease of use. My laptop's 2.4Ghz processor is capable of all social networking, flash gaming, email, and browsing tasks. Morale of the story- you don't need to overpay for a good, fast, reliable laptop.

I've did a lot research for my computer, so I have a good knowledge of various brands. If you have any questions, contact me on my profile comments.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

i am thinking on buying a computer but i cant decide between a PC and a MAC what is your favorite computer brand??

Macs are very expensive. PCs are cheaper and more customizable and have tons of programs, payed and free.
Check the sourceforge site and see how many programs they have for PC vs Mac. It's like 1 million vs 500. xD
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

PCs are the Swiss Army knife of computers. You can make them do a million and one things, some of them better than others.

Macs are the super expensive single-function kitchen gadgets you buy out of a 'gourmet' foods catalog. It looks okay on the counter, but that one thing it does well you don't need that often.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

As a member of the Aryan Race Master Race, the only computers I trust are the PC Master Race.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

PCs are definitely more reliable and used by the average person to get stuff done... Macs are more of a luxury item and have more apple functions but aren't as good for doing work and things like a PC.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I have a Mac and a PC. I like both. I would probably be more lead for Mac. I do lots of video creation and so I use final cut proX which really helps lots.
That's probably the big reason for me, but windows has plus be nudist also.

~~Black~~

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Not this again. This is like the MAC guy and PC guy commercials all over again.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Buy a PC (Windows OS)... MAC is very expensive....
The best version of windows is windows 7....
:'D

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Not this again. This is like the MAC guy and PC guy commercials all over again.

Except that, you know, we're not representing PCs with an older, overweight and plain look man whilst Macs are represented by a younger, fit and more attractive man.
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Buy a PC (Windows OS)... MAC is very expensive....
The best version of windows is windows 7....
:'D

Showing 1-10 of 10