ForumsArt, Music, and WritingEleven Moons: The Story of the FGA

74 30306
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Hey dudes.

So, I've been itching lately to post something on the AMW that people actually want to read, and citing my previous success with EaEC I decided to write another sort of persona-based tale that featured the members of the FGA. Seeing as it's instant character supply and such, I figure it would be a good opportunity for some easy writing and some well-massaged egos.

Anyway, I'll be posting on here as often as I can, and I'll hopefully get on a schedule of sorts within the next few weeks. In the meantime, the prologue will be posted within the day, and as always, hope you all enjoy!

• 74 Replies
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

All the signs are there -- Nurv's story has the case of Ayemdubs Disease: the passage of time in ongoing threads in this forum passes much slower than the average thread. It's only natural we're just getting his update now.

Time travel. He's gotta be the Doctor or something. Or maybe we.....traveled BACK in time! *GASP* Anyway, good to know this didn't die. Like my hopes and dreams.....
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Nurv's story has the case of Ayemdubs Disease

Funny enough, I actually got my forum-tastic achievement for posting Chapter 4.

Chapter Five

The door to the bank flew open. Pie looked up; he didnât really work at the bank, he just happened to be wearing a suit and standing behind a glass wall, which just seemed like the kind of luck a pie had in Armor Games these days.
âWhat now?â A rather stupid-looking man called out to the leader of the group. He wore a ski mask and a long sleeve black shirt; only his eyes were visible, and they gave no indication as to their owners.
Pie could very well tell it was Ray. âRay, what are you doing?â he asked, exasperated.
âI see theyâre letting piemen handle our money these days.â Ray said as he walked over to the glass wall separating him from Pieguy. Pie crossed his arms.
âThat is not polite. The piemen are a good people.â
âRay motioned to the tell with a red marker that looked ominously useful. âOpen it.â
âI canât. Thereâs a lock on it employees canât open.â
âWhy?â
âSo that when idiots walk into the bank demanding money, we canât give it to them.â
âBut youâd give it to me right?â Ray pined. âBecause you like me, right?â
âRay I hate you.â

Itâs hard to tell who spoke more ill. Pie earned a gaping red stain drawn across his head; as he was driven off to the ward one could hear him yelling âBut I have a blackberry filling. Blackberry!â Storm once theorized that this is why no one liked Pie. Ray meanwhile was brought to the ever-burgeoning city prison, where he was thrown into a cell with a robot with a faceless mannequin head and a short teenager with greasy black hair. Ray was in luck; seeing as no one in the history of the website had taken on the persona of policemen. The moderators maybe, Ray considered, but they were all either animals and Frank, and Frank wouldnât bother.
Therefore, he used his power as god of anons to control the mind of every guard in the prison and set them free. R2 insisted they take Aggs with them. Ray left the rest.

In anticipation of the trail that would never come to be, pang and Sal were interviewing Daleks to decide if their cult should discriminate against dinosaurs. Daleks tried to explain how all dinosaurs did was kill and eat other things, but the two didnât seem to get the message.
âWow, I actually hate dinosaurs now. Way to go Daleks.â The dinosaur would have left the office with his head hung, however he was wedged between the walls and couldnât turn around.

âDoes our insurance cover dinosaurs destroying our office space?â Salvidian asked as he inspected the bill.
âWe donât have insurance.â pang said.
Sal shrugged. âJust another reason to hate dinosaurs I guess.â

It was about midnight. Pick had just joined Gandalf in his tower, or should we say apartment. Armor Gamesâ administration had taken up issue with Gandalfâs current living arrangements; the wizard was crestfallen to find out giant brick towers were frowned upon in municipal areas. Also, they accused him of stealing the money to build it. That sort of tied his hands.
âWhat is it Gandalf?â Pick asked. âI canât help but notice nothing really goes right when we hang out.â
âI think thatâs probably more on you than me Gandalf.â
âOh really? You think your life is better than mine?â
âGandalf youâre a teenage boy who walks around in a fake beard and pretends to be a wizard.â
âWell at least Iâm not a filthy pickpocket!â Gandalf said, bursting into tears.

It took fifteen minutes to calm Gandalf down. By then Minotaur had squeezed into the room with them.
âSo what is it?â Minotaur asked.
âListen, I didnât say anything at the time, but I donât think we should be worrying about Nilo as much as someone else.â
âWhy is that?â
âWell first of all heâs an animal.â Minoâs ear twitched. âAlso, thereâs another member of the Forum Games Alliance that we havenât had correspondence from in a while. Manly.â
âActually I think we see Manly around all the time.â Pick said. âYouâre just saying this because he hasnât been introduced in the story yet.â
âWe must find him!â Gandalf called out, ignoring Pick. âWill you two join me?â
âI have a job.â
âIâm sort of uncomfortable with how this relates to the plot.â
âAw come on Mino. A job? Really? What do you even do?â
âOh yeah that really wants to make me help you.â Mino said, crossing his arms.

Ray didnât know where Storm lived so he dumped Aggs in front of the castle; she seemed more interested in escaping R2 than finding her way home.
Ray tried to leave the robot with her, but it didnât go particularly well.
âThey already accused me of attacking R2 once, so if I do it again I canât get in trouble right? Because double jeopardy?
âWell not exactly.â But Aggs had already started chasing R2 towards the castle. Ray took him to the Armusement Park. It was sort of arbitrary but the robot had an obscene amount of posts and Ray wasnât sure how many of them were legit. Not that he really cared.
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Storm once theorized that this is why no one liked Pie.

I can only hope this is thinly veiled sarcasm...
Pretty good story, though. I'm really glad it's coming back now.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

âIâm sort of uncomfortable with how this relates to the plot.â

+1
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

A large wooden sign had been raised in the arts district of the city; it stood tall and remorseful in view of whoever happened to be in the arts district.
It read:

ELEVEN M00NS: CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

"What?" Was all Aggs could muster.
"This has to be violating some zoning law." Manly commented.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

The sign had changed. Someone, or something, had crossed out the previous message and written underneath it.
It now read:

ELEVEN MOONS: COMING WEDNESDAY MAYBE

"Why Wednesday?" pang asked.
"It's not the day." Ray said. "It's a day."

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

IT'S THURSDAY WHERE IS IT. *looks under sign for story*

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It's Friday can we riot?

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Chapter Six

Autumn was creeping over Armor City. The clicking of one's heels on the cobblestone roads was replaced with the swishing of pant legs though a pile of leaves, and even Mino had retired his summer brotank for a tasteful cashmere sweater. Each summer in the city was hotter than the last: this season the daily high hovered around 105 degrees almost every day in July. As a result, the city had seen a drop in traffic as users fled for cooler locations.
The relative drop in activity only fueled pang and Sal's journey towards the realization of Newmanism. The two had spent the better part of the last week conducting an extensive series of interviews with Clancy, an FGA member of some selective renown. The two were trying to determine whether the religion would hold any vendetta against Canadians, and in turn whether they should support socialized healthcare and ice hockey. pang and Sal were much more thorough than they’d been with Daleks, because as the mininja said, "may be Canadian, but at least he's human." There'd been a bit of unrest within the alliance lately, as Nurvana had made a particularly animalist comment that send Jeol hopping out of the room; he hadn’t been seen since.
Along with the continued inquisitions of Newmanism, pang and Sal had also started their own newspaper, quaintly titled The New Man. Although the paper flew under the administration’s radar initially, a lot of regular pieces written by the two began to attract attention, including the weekly "FGA rankings". This week, they read:

1) Riptizoid101
2) R2D21999
4) Xeano321, Wflag10, Pickpocket
5) LaurenLouise1507, Minotaur55
6) Stormwalker, pangtongshu
7) DidactUnbound
8) Pieguyme
9) Freakenstein
10) Gandalfthegrey666
12) OperationNilo
13) Superstarsilver
15) TheMostManlyMan

While some of the FGA, as well as most of the other site's users, could care less about the rankings, there were some who were upset with their placement on a regular basis. Silver was constantly pointing out how top-heavy the rankings were with knights, and Aggs was confused as to why R2 was second when she wasn't even listed. The rankings themselves seemed to have no order or credence, backed only by the pair’s insistence that they were "legit".
FGA weekly rankings were released on Tuesday, and this Tuesday Nurvana was taking a walk down Profile Lane when Ray approached him, paper in hand.
"Did you see the rankings?" Ray asked once Nurv was within hearing distance.
"No." He said, coming to a stop in front of Ray. "I don't read The New Man. Doesn’t seem like a good idea."
"Make no mistake, it isn't. But Storm was asking me if you'd seen them. Here, have this; she gave me her copy." Nurv took the paper from Ray, who walked past him and continued north into the city.
Nurv took a moment to look over the rankings. He thought nothing of it, until something caught his eye. In the bottom right corner of the page, a small list had been scribbled down in Storm's handwriting. This time, it read:

1) TheMostManlyMan
2) Stormwalker
3) Xeano321
4) Freakenstein
5) Minotaur55

Minotaur, R2, and Xeano shuffled quietly into the room. It was cool and dark, a welcome relief from the heat outside.
Frank was seated at the head of the conference table, a small stack of papers and manila folders laid out neatly in front of him. Mino, R2, and Xeano took their seats at the table; the minotaur cleared his throat nervously while the fox sat perfectly still, tail twitching from side to side. R2 on the other hand seemed oblivious to the situation, and simply looked over the room before settling his invisible gaze on Frank.
"Alright," The moderator began. "You three know why we're here." He glanced at R2. "Well, most of us know. Listen you three; we've started to get some complaints coming in on a regular basis about the FGA. pang and Sal's cult, the prison escape, and everything that's been happening with Nilo are just a few."
"Normally I'd simply call in the actual offenders, but really not much is going technically wrong. A sense of camaraderie amongst users usually fosters some jealously in the city. But I've been on this site long enough to recognize when someone’s gone too far."
"And you want us to do something about it, because we're knights?" Mino asked.
R2 raised his hand. "Since I was part of the problem, like, a week ago, can I leave?"
Frank glared at the robot. "I didn't consent to that. Now, back to the matter at hand. I'm a part of the FGA. There's nothing wrong with that. But if the complaints keep coming in, I don't think it would be wise of me to keep hanging around. You three know better than the rest that keeping an administrative job and being a member."
"So what do you want us to do?"
"Keep an eye on the alliance. Try to establish a hierarchy."
"That's really easier said than done." Xeano said. "I mean, the three of us don't even rank that highly within the FGA itself. Site authority isn't necessarily lauded there. You know that."
"I don't care. You don't seem to understand that I'm not cautioning you. This is a meeting the administration asked me to have with you. I guess they thought I'd be the best man to do it, which is why I have to be as harsh as possible. Reign in the FGA, or I'll shut it down myself."

A half hour later, Nurvana was knocking on Storm's front door.
"Come in, it's open." He pushed the door open gently and slid inside, blinking as rays of sunlight flashed across his face. He held up the newspaper and smiled.
"Not your best efforts, I feel obligated to point out." Storm just shrugged. She was pulling the shades down over her windows, and in a matter of moments the room was plunged into relative darkness.
"I didn't have much time. Besides, I don't trust you to figure out anything more complex." Nurv frowned.
"So what's wrong?" Storm turned suddenly and fixed Nurv with an accusing stare.
"I think you know where Nilo is." Nurv's mouth twisted downwards, but Storm didn't flinch. For a moment the two stared at each other, before Nurv's mouth turned up in a sheepish smile and he turned his gaze away. "I KNEW you know!" She said. She crossed the room to where Nurv was standing and poked him in the chest. "You better tell me where he is! The whole FGA is worried sick about him!"
Nurv turned his palms up and looked at her innocently. "Okay, just because I can't keep a straight face doesn't mean I'm a liar. Did you find anything in Kong?"
"Just this." Storm handed Nurv a rain-soaked flyer with faded lettering; The only print distinguishable was the title, printed in big black letters. "WANTED: RECRUITS FOR KMOT".
Nurv studied it for a few moments before looking back to Storm. "What, like AGMOT?"
"I assume so. But I don't know a lot about them. Do you?" Nurv shook his head. "What about someone else? Someone who may have been in contact with them?"
"You know, the FGA isn’t a resource you can use." Nurv reminded her.
"Tell that to pang." Storm said dryly.
"I'll keep a lookout, I guess."
Nurv thought to get a hold of one of the knights, but he hadn't seen them all day.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Riptizoid approves of this story. =) Please continue to make more.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The New Man

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOO

backed only by the pair’s insistence that they were "legit".

If we say it's legit than it's legit.

blinking as rays of sunlight

Ray, of sunlight :^)

She was pulling the shades down over her windows, and in a matter of moments the room was plunged into relative darkness.

H-hey...wh-what's going o-on heree

Also, reporting Frank for treason

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Also, reporting Frank for treason

Ha Frank's gonna get banana'd
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

"Simple. Inconcievable." pang said.
"You're just stubborn." Rip said.
"And stupid." Spanner added.
"Guys? Do you know where we are?" Nurv called from the back of the group.
"'Guys'? Are you trying to trigger me?" pang demanded, turning to face Nurv.
"Shut up back there!" The group looked up to the end of the cavern, where Rip and R2 were extracting a worn, dirty chest from a hole in the wall.
The six gathered around it silently. "Did you bring the key, Pick?" Rip asked.
"Right here."
Rip took the key from him and inserted it into the lock. A moment later, and the top opened with a click.
"What's inside?" Spanner asked.
Rip was quiet as he took a small piece of paper from the chest. He studied it for a moment before passing it wordlessly to pang.
"Nope." pang read aloud.
"What? Nope?" Nurv asked, but sure enough as soon as he took it from R2, he saw the word written on the page, and nothing else.
"Nope."
"That has to be a clue. Something. Maybe more than just the word?" Spanner said.
"Perhaps." Rip took back the paper and slipped it into his pocket. "I'll have Gandalf take a look the next time I see him."

"Do you feel like Rip has taken a leadership role in the last few weeks?" Nurv asked as he exited the cave with Pick.
"Maybe it's the cult. Haven't seen Sal in a while, have ya?"

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Nope nope nope.

Please more updates. =v

Showing 61-74 of 74