Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

[Closed] ArmorGames' Armatar Contest: Valentines Day!

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 8:56am

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Ok, I gotta say it. Please stop with the hearts, and show some creativity.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 3:25pm

Chryosten

Chryosten

14,152 posts

I highly doubt that pang would accept that. He'll keep asking for more hearts until AG is overflowing with heart armatars and even then, he won't stop.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 5:17pm

Drink

Drink

1,653 posts

Ok, I gotta say it. Please stop with the hearts, and show some creativity.

not much can be done with this contest besides hearts, its not as easy as halloween or christmas contests

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 7:20pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

not much can be done with this contest besides hearts, its not as easy as halloween or christmas contests

The man has a point.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 9:57pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Valentine's Day may be more limiting than Halloween but it certainly isn't hard to come up with ideas for. Hearts aren't the only thing that symbolize love. If you're having a hard time thinking of something, that's fine. Keep thinking, because that's when the best ideas are made.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 10:38pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,567 posts

Knight

I'm out of ideas right now. I think that my traditional light bulb falling in love with an Eco light bulb is cool. You know, the love at first spark one, page 8.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 11:21pm

Drink

Drink

1,653 posts

Hearts aren't the only thing that symbolize love

sure, but when its specifically valentines day the easiest and most common would be hearts :/ its be easier if this was the "love" contest, many more things and ideas would come much more smoothly. so i honestly dont think many great submissions will be made that doesnt have hearts but shows love. but it does give me ideas that i might do

Posted Feb 4, '14 at 12:27am

pickpocket

pickpocket

6,028 posts

sure, but when its specifically valentines day the easiest and most common would be hearts :/

Thats the point. The hearts are simple to make and are clearly very common, too common even. They were fine at first, but now they seem done to death. I don't mean to offend anyone by this or anything. Also, you don't always have to settle with what would be easy. Brainstorm some, work a bit more and ta-da! Originality! The more unique, the better!
And besides, the ones that stand out from the crowd are more likely to get picked. Good luck

Posted Feb 4, '14 at 1:32am

Drink

Drink

1,653 posts

the ones that stand out from the crowd

my best one was the cup of love one i made :Y

Posted Feb 4, '14 at 12:32pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

Mine was the heart being shattered by a bullet. o_o