Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Matt's Comics: Life, Armor Games and Whatnot

Posted May 10, '14 at 1:29pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,530 posts

I'm wondering why it would need wings in space. Is it an all-terrain shark?

The idea was to cram as much "epic" material (as defined by Internet memes) into a picture as possible. Try to separate logic from it and enjoy the sheer ridiculous epicness. So to answer your question, yes it is an all-terrain space shark as well.

Posted May 11, '14 at 2:56pm

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

613 posts

Wow cool so : lasers sharingan eyes missiles a nyan cat with a pistol ... if you ask me this is the most OP thing i saw in my life :P

Posted May 11, '14 at 4:50pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,050 posts

Forgive my ignorance, but when did OP become an adjective?

Posted May 11, '14 at 6:14pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

6,020 posts

when did OP become an adjective?

Pretty sure he means OP as in over powered, not as in opening post.

Posted May 11, '14 at 8:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,530 posts

Forgive my ignorance, but when did OP become an adjective?

Definitions of OP according to Urban Dictionary (which I consider to be a valid source when it comes to Internet slang):
1. Overpowered (usually in a video game, in which a person or group becomes or is too powerful; has become very popular in the mmorpg crowd)
2. Original Poster (in forum-style collection of comment; the first person to comment or POST)
3. Operation (usually occurring in military gaming)

As for "when," I don't know but people have been using all three regularly for several years.

last edited May 11 2014 08:08 pm by MattEmAngel

Posted May 11, '14 at 9:21pm

Omegap12

Omegap12

1,900 posts

Matt, why do you have to be so smart?

It makes me feel dumber than i already am!

(JK, I like the insane brilliance)

Posted Oct 19, '14 at 12:33am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,530 posts

By popular demand (okay, two people, @R2D21999 and @TheMostManlyMan), I'm dragging this from the depths of AMW and breathing life into it.

Okay, two things:
1. Remember the whole "New guy joins AG" thing? I bailed on that. I just straight ran out of good ideas and got bored of drawing it. Sorry.
2. The next official comic will be a "The Fault in Our Stars" joke. If you have friends, and if they've seen the movie, show themmmmm.

Until then, here's some hardcore sketchwork of Kenji back when Kenji was a thing (if you recall my History of Matt from Page 4, he was essentially Matt for a while).

Referring again to Page 4, the first Fun Fact states that Kenji began as a chibi ninja. I found one such sketch. He got an epic updated design two years later, with a more realistic head, bigger coat and taller frame, along with actual (floating) hands, similar to Rayman and the Thing-Thing series. Two years is a long time for me, so yeah, he was cool, and both designs ended up everywhere, including my college sketchbook:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/Sketches/imagejpg1_zps58d95087.jpg

Two years later in 2013, when I actually became good at drawing a human shape, Kenji got a serious anime reboot. Better everything. Plus, shading! AND I inked over some of them!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/Sketches/imagejpg3_zps2c25cd33.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/Sketches/imagejpg4_zps0a50dac6.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/Sketches/imagejpg2_zpse2144ef8.jpg

Yeah, he was cool. You may notice the serious resemblance he had to Matt from TTC. He is the foundation from which that was built. And also Matt from the Future.

Wait what.

Updates will be posted to my Twitter feed, along with a disturbing amount of conflict with anti-gun groups. All my WEPR training has led to this.

last edited Oct 19 2014 12:40 am by MattEmAngel

Posted Oct 19, '14 at 2:35am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

6,344 posts

Matt confirmed susceptible to succumbing to peer pressure. HEY MATT I THINK YOU SHOULD DRAW ME BECAUSE THAT'S THE HIP THING TO DO NOWADAYS. Cause if you don't, then you're not like one of us.

Who are the 'us' I'm talking about? I dunno, but you're definitely not one of them if you don't succumb to this peer pressure I'm exuding.

Posted Oct 19, '14 at 9:05am

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

1,032 posts

Feel the pressure Matt. FEEL IT! But really, glad this thing is not dead. Nice work up there! Keep it up.

Posted Oct 19, '14 at 5:27pm

evilsweetblock

evilsweetblock

2,666 posts

I want to be in a comic, but, you know, im not popular enough.
It sucks being one of the older accounts of AG, and only like, 200 of the millions of accounts know me

Reply to Matt's Comics: Life, Armor Games and Whatnot

You must be logged in to post a reply!