ForumsArt, Music, and WritingTo Link the Fires (a Fanfic)

5 8052
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

-a Dark Souls fanfic

I've had some free time recently, so I thought I'd show you guys my serious lack of artistic talent. Enjoy! I don't blame you if you don't.

--

Aye, she was a beauty. Even now, her silhouette could be seen slightly hovering over her white summon signature. She wore a set of what appeared to be brass armour, casing her in from head to toe. From the breastplateâs shoulders, two odd metal arms extended and tightly embraced the figureâs torso. One of her hands was holding a shield, while the other was firmly grasping a heavy longsword. Once he saw her, he knew for a fact that he indeed intended to summon her. After interacting with the summon sign, it did not take long for her to appear.

Our protagonist was a tall and handsome man. His name was Ricard, Prince of Astora. Born among nobility and wealth, he was skilful in the fine arts of love, honor, and knightly combat. Long ago, however, it was discovered that Prince Ricard was afflicted by the curse of the Undead. Before he could be formally exiled from Astora, he departed of his own accord, venturing to the North. He would eventually reach Lordran, one of the safe havens for the Undead of the world.

Unfortunately, things had changed. The Undead Burg, the city the exiled Undead had fashioned for themselves many years ago, had fallen into chaos. Practically all of her inhabitants had turned Hollow. The Hollowed inhabitants of the city turned against the healthy Undead, and soon the city was a war-zone. It didnât take long before those that remained sane lost what little humanity they conserved, and thus, the city was lost. The only trace that remains of the Burgâs former inhabitants is their Hollowed forms, seeking to harm any that might venture into the city.

This is the place where Ricard now found himself stuck in. The place was overflowing with the Hollowed Undead - Undead that have gone insane. Hollows are characterised, generally, by their irrational and aggressive behaviour. Of course they were no match for the swordsmanship of our brave hero, but the problem was that there were many of them. There were many of them, and they were everywhere. And if it wasnât the Hollows who were hiding under rubbish and chaff, ready to ambush him, the culprits were the giant rats, or similarly dastardly creatures.

Anyways, back to the story. Polite bows were exchanged by Ricard and the mysterious lady, who had yet to introduce herself.

âMy name be Ricard, Prince of Astora, and I-â

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/025/5/2/to_kindle_the_flame_by_operationnilo-d73p3rd.png

After about half a second of silence, the girl ran far and fast towards the closest cluster of enemies, and blindly dashed into their midst.

âWomenâ, he thought. Sometimes they made absolutely no sense.

Sure enough, she got swarmed by the hollows. After their brief, peculiar, and mostly awkward encounter, Ricard was somewhat reluctant in rushing to her aid. Once he actually started moving, the fight was already over. She dashed back to him, covered in her enemiesâ blood.

âDo I look prettier now?â

âPerhaps. Now, we have to lay down a plan of action. Just give me a moment, Iâll summon another adventurer, and then we may set out and adventure.â

âYou do that. I shall be back in a momen-â before finishing her sentence, she had already turned and dashed over a stone bridge, and disappeared into a small house across it.

One day, that girl is really going to kill herself. Blows could be heard, along with the usual grunt. Ricard did not care much for her, though. He'd just met her.

--

Feedback/Comments/Questions/Constructive Criticism/Taunts/Insults/Threats are all accepted and welcome!

• 5 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

he was skilful in the fine arts of love, honor, and knightly combat

Are you sure you're not the protagonist Nilo?
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm only skilful in two of those three...guess which

No, the protagonist is not based off of me. It's based off someone in AG, though. I'll give you that.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Did you color that picture with a program on the computer or is it hand inked, Nilo? :0

Anyhoo, you already know I really like your stories.

[quote] he was skilful in the fine arts of love, honor, and knightly combat

[/quote]

That sounds more like me than Nilo.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Did you color that picture with a program on the computer or is it hand inked, Nilo? :0

It's called Photoshop :P my hand-drawing skills suck. On a side note, I'm planning on gradually changing the story to all panels, but I need to explain some background stuff first. Prepare thine arse...

Anyhoo, you already know I really like your stories.

Aww, thanks!

That sounds more like me than Nilo.

No, you know nothing about fighting. Nothing at all. You are the worst fighter ever. You are, however, honourable, and quite the casanova.
hongan30002000
hongan30002000
1 posts
Nomad

2014 HYUNDAI SANTAFE Car Special Version 2.4 include gasoline demand driven and Oil Machine 2 2.2 1 drive to use automatic transmission 6-speed semi-automatic. is imported CBU from Korea to changing exterior and interior compared to the 2013 Hyundai Santafe life. This version is considered nearly as full-featured than Hyundai Santafe 2014 full version option in the U.S.

Showing 1-5 of 5