ForumsThe TavernWho Likes Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack?

23 5850
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

"This thread should be in Flash Games, not the Tavern."

I assure you, everyday backseat mod, that this thread placement is intentional.

Why is this thread here? What is this thread about?
I'm glad you asked both of those questions. I'll answer the second one first, and hopefully it should help explain the first one.

In 2009, a couple of castle crushers started a contest for the original CTC game. It was a popular contest in its time, but since then, no other CTC-related contest has received as much attention or dedication as this one had.

But in 2014, a new era dawned for the CTC series. A new contest rose out of the blue, this time for a newer, more advanced CTC game, and that game was Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack.

Is this a one-time contest?
Far from it. This contest is intended to be weekly, with 5 days per round for submissions and 2 days designated for judging.

Why Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack and not another CTC game?
Although it isn't the newest in the CTC series, CTC2PP has the most advanced level editor out of any CTC game, and therefore allows far more possibilities than any of the earlier games.

Why should I enter? What's in it for me?
You are chock-full of great questions today, and I admire that about you. Entering this contest means you'll get to be a part of the biggest level-editing contest this site has ever seen, and winning this contest bring you glory and eternal bragging rights, as well as your name and your winning castle in the contest hall of fame.

Also there's a merit prize for the winner of each round.

I want to enter, but I'm not confident in my CTC2PP building skills.
No problem. If you've never built a castle before in this game or in any CTC game, it's possible that you may not win your first round, but the more castles you build, the better builder you'll become, and pretty soon you'll be a respected member of the castle-building community.

You still haven't explained why this is in the Tavern.
What better place to find active participants for a huge contest than the hub of some of the community's most active contributors? Sorry, I answered your question with another question.

Has the contest already started? How do I enter?
It hasn't, and you can't. Yet. This is just the introductory thread, made to get all you Tavern people excited and all that freeform jazz. The actual contest thread should be up by Friday or Saturday, and you'll know when it is because I'll be singing about it all over the community (but you won't hear it because singing doesn't really travel over text--you'll have to just read about it).

So get hyped. Because this is going to be huge.

• 23 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

*SSTG enters and wins every round*

GG Everybody and Merry Christmas.

Also, who's going to do the judging? And are there going to be themes for each round? Or is the information limited and/or classified?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Also there's a merit prize for the winner of each round.

So the answer to why this is in the Tavern is because it has been admin/mod approved?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Not necessarily, there are good builders out there and you'd be amazed to see what people can do.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Also, who's going to do the judging?

Two veteran castle builders and myself. That's all I will reveal for now (unless they choose to reveal themselves beforehand).

And are there going to be themes for each round?

There will be a different theme for each round.

So the answer to why this is in the Tavern is because it has been admin/mod approved?

This contest is admin-approved with an admin-approved prize. Not sure what that has to do with being in the Tavern.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Because if it wa'n't then they would send this elsewhere. duhhh

and pls dont respond with saying again how Tavern gots most activity so that is why it is here. I got dat part I feel ya

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I've never built one of these, but I've seen some of the stuff other people have built so I know I have a lot of catching up to do before I have a real shot at victory. I better start building!

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I'd like to make a few things clear to anyone who wants to participate:

a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?

b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".

c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.

d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

e) Until the contest begins, any of these rules may be subject to change, depending upon what the other judges decide.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm excited to see what everybody creates.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Some excellent suggestions for castle building are on this forum
Modify Castle Code

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I forsee CJ, SSTG, or Fish winning every single round... Can't beat the masters.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I forsee CJ, SSTG, or Fish winning every single round... Can't beat the masters.

Well, you won't have to beat me, because I'm not submitting anything to Fish's approval. Man, that guy is a harsh critic.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't plan on making anything either, I'm out of ideas.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

I foresee CJ, SSTG, or Fish winning every single round... Can't beat the masters.
@xXxDAPRO89xXx, I wont be submitting as well as the MASTERS as you have called us, will be the judges. One aspect to this competition would be to become a MASTER BUILDER and I presume that Ferret and company at AG will find a Quest badge for that title. In the previous competition that we had in the CTC series started by PrivatePapi and JJ52, we had a lot of fun and everyone learned new concepts from each other. On that thread, we actually posted the raw code as there was no Peoples Empire to post it. Collaboration with another builder is encouraged as even the Masters have learned from each other.

Once again, in an earlier version of CTC, Sire Ernie15 collaborated with me on an impossible one shot level that basically involved elements rearranging themselves from the shot to build a ramp and get a kill back! I thought it was impossible but it worked! However, I digress.

I am certain that Ernie15, the creator of this Competition will bring back the skill shot levels which are always a challenge.

We are seeing a surge in activity in this game and some very talented people. It is time for them to get the recognition that they deserve!

We shall build and army of Masters and then, The CTC2PP Medieval Masters Castle Joust shall pit our wits and our armies together to usurp the evil powers within our midst! Time for a pint o' lager lads for tomorrow, we shall battle!
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Ooh, CJ you just made that interesting. I'm pretty excited for this now, but I for one will not be making any special coding levels... I barely just learned how ot make things invisible. But I'm excited

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

@xXxDAPRO89xXx, I wont be submitting as well as the MASTERS as you have called us, will be the judges. One aspect to this competition would be to become a MASTER BUILDER and I presume that Ferret and company at AG will find a Quest badge for that title

Are you hinting at something?

Once again, in an earlier version of CTC, Sire Ernie15 collaborated with me on an impossible one shot level that basically involved elements rearranging themselves from the shot to build a ramp and get a kill back! I thought it was impossible but it worked! However, I digress.

Would love to play it if you can find it
Showing 1-15 of 23