ForumsThe TavernWho Likes Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack?

23 5852
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

"This thread should be in Flash Games, not the Tavern."

I assure you, everyday backseat mod, that this thread placement is intentional.

Why is this thread here? What is this thread about?
I'm glad you asked both of those questions. I'll answer the second one first, and hopefully it should help explain the first one.

In 2009, a couple of castle crushers started a contest for the original CTC game. It was a popular contest in its time, but since then, no other CTC-related contest has received as much attention or dedication as this one had.

But in 2014, a new era dawned for the CTC series. A new contest rose out of the blue, this time for a newer, more advanced CTC game, and that game was Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack.

Is this a one-time contest?
Far from it. This contest is intended to be weekly, with 5 days per round for submissions and 2 days designated for judging.

Why Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack and not another CTC game?
Although it isn't the newest in the CTC series, CTC2PP has the most advanced level editor out of any CTC game, and therefore allows far more possibilities than any of the earlier games.

Why should I enter? What's in it for me?
You are chock-full of great questions today, and I admire that about you. Entering this contest means you'll get to be a part of the biggest level-editing contest this site has ever seen, and winning this contest bring you glory and eternal bragging rights, as well as your name and your winning castle in the contest hall of fame.

Also there's a merit prize for the winner of each round.

I want to enter, but I'm not confident in my CTC2PP building skills.
No problem. If you've never built a castle before in this game or in any CTC game, it's possible that you may not win your first round, but the more castles you build, the better builder you'll become, and pretty soon you'll be a respected member of the castle-building community.

You still haven't explained why this is in the Tavern.
What better place to find active participants for a huge contest than the hub of some of the community's most active contributors? Sorry, I answered your question with another question.

Has the contest already started? How do I enter?
It hasn't, and you can't. Yet. This is just the introductory thread, made to get all you Tavern people excited and all that freeform jazz. The actual contest thread should be up by Friday or Saturday, and you'll know when it is because I'll be singing about it all over the community (but you won't hear it because singing doesn't really travel over text--you'll have to just read about it).

So get hyped. Because this is going to be huge.

• 23 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 23