ForumsForum GamesWould you play a (medieval fantasy) RPG if?

9 4697
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

You play the players of an incredibly realist medieval fantasy MMO.

If you have a choice of 25 races.

If you have a choice of 50+ Classes with the choice multi-classing.

You draw upon six different combat energies Strength, Agility, Magic and Chaos.

Which are used to fuel 100+ powers supplied by class and race. (about 3-5 powers initially.)

A choice of any kind of non-magic armour to begin.
(The stronger the Armour, the heavier and more slowing. The more expensive, the more likely bandits will fight you for it. Quite balanced.)

Partly Statistic, Partly Role-Playing Logic.

Thank you for considering my (probably) soon to be posted rpg thread.
Any questions?

I won't even mention the map art... I'm kidding, I will...

/'â '\\ Talonwood /'â '\\

• 9 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Would this better off in The Tavern?

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

I'd play

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

You have my interest.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

sounds good dude. i still regret not pitching in on bronze labyrinth

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Sounds very complicated. You'd have to make everything very clear if I'd have to be scrolling through 25+ races and 50+ classes with multiclassing. I read somewhere about experiment where on one day a booth opened selling about ten flavors and made a certain amount of money, and when they opened the booth again on another but offered twenty flavors they made less money. So that applies here.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

i might and the kickstarter and game would be here

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I suppose I should reply to you in turn.

Arverniraider, Storm Dragon, I look forward to having you.

Hemp(andHash) , I have been side-planning Silver Maze which includes humans and mutants as well as the additional puzzle-bots. And a firmer storyline. And eliminating every other sentient bot unnecessary. I'd like to play Cycle first though.

Anew, It does have some complexity allthought classes really only have a few sentences description then the abilities listed.
You only copy and paste powers from your classes and race then add 5 and 1 to two of your energy-counters based on your race. Any non-magic armor and weaponry that you desire (within reason) and less important but rather fun fluff, then its ready to apply. Something like this.

Your 'Real Character' in detail. In four sections. (Name, History, etc)

Game Character Name
Race and Classes
Basic Bars (Hp, statuses like hunger and poison.)
Energy-Counters (renamed : Stamina, Concentration, Magic, Divinity or Sta, Con, Mag and Div.)
Primary Powers and the energy they cost.
Secondary Powers and the energy they cost.
Racial Powers and the energy they cost.
Weapons
Armour
Invent including some starter items like food and money.

I suppose their is a fair bit more, choice of deity and

Good to know, Thanks Bender124

when you said kickstarter, at first I thought you had meant as a several character samples, which I think I may give now, some armor descriptions and basic adventurer powers pre-chosen to get one started, that kind of thing.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(BTW, the game is called Cycle Online, for reasons that will make sense. Not in the Bicycle sense so much Repetition, Rotation, life-death sense.)

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Testing some url.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh578/Talonwood/New%20Album/Cycle%20Online/2____BIT2_zpsb7cf3f66.png

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh578/Talonwood/New%20Album/Cycle%20Online/CycleEye_zps70b72c70.png

Showing 1-9 of 9