Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Masta's Art

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 5:09pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

Love the werewolf and the wulf. You can definitely draw animals and beasts, almost as well as you can draw people.

Thanks gh0st.

I agree, the box is distracting from the flow of the beautiful colored lines.

I see what you mean. I shouldn't have put that there.

The one's on page 3 are fine perspective wise as they are from side view, I was refering to the machines on this page mainly.

Ok, I understand now.
Yes, I notice that I am better at drawing animals and people than I am at drawing machines.

Hey! Want to see some new ones? I will let you decide. Do you want to see more sketches of animals/people or would you like to see some lush, hand drawn expressions? I'll be waiting for your choice!

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 7:54pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

Well, I'm going to post some new sketches now. I am going to continue to post pictures of my fantasy sketches. I will post my hand drawn expressions later.

Dune Wraith
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1632_zps98a82396.jpg

Space Crab
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/SpaceCrab1_zps0955fe73.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Posted Feb 7, '14 at 5:31pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

Note to Black, Ice, Micmac, and other friends:
I may be off of AG for longer periods from now on. :|
Been busy lately, don't feel like I'm ignoring you if can't get back to you soon.

Posted Feb 7, '14 at 10:45pm

R1a2z3e4

R1a2z3e4

102 posts

Nice space monsters, well no colors?

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 12:18pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

Color can sometimes obscure and draw attention away from the main features of the subject. And, since the beast isn't colored, you can use your own imagination to envision what color it might be. Honestly, would a little green and tan coloring make it all that better?

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 8:43pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

I love the space crab, but I can't tell where the front is. Is that middle claw in front or is it the one on the left?

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 8:45pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,649 posts

Knight

The head is atop the middle claw.

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 10:19pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

The head is atop the middle claw.

No, let me explain.
The space crab is an arachnid (it is actually an armored spider). The body is relatively small, being dominated by the prevalent eight legs. The head is attached to the thorax (body) by a short, stout "neck". The neck is hidden by the sharp scutes that protect it. The four larger legs are the "killing legs". The smaller assisting legs are used for walking help.

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 10:27pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,649 posts

Knight

So....I was correct in saying that the head is atop the middle claw drawing wise?

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 11:06pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,127 posts

The head is atop the abdomen, which is relatively small, thus your misunderstanding. Wait a minute, maybe you are thinking that the head is the middle claw! I think that might be it!

Reply to The Masta's Art

You must be logged in to post a reply!