ForumsQuestsBuilding Rush Quests

109 67601
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Construct these six Quests for Building Rush.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/4810de183ee59178e8a205a496c3e3cd.png?v=1389892876&vv=1391116412
One Gold Star
Earn a gold medal on any level.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/63968e0faa503c50cdd45148d4c3cfa1.png?v=1389892900&vv=1391116356
Learner's Permit
Complete 50 orders.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/06bb96d20b8ebdb6817b0ce372ae1d79.png?v=1389892942&vv=1391116167
The Long Haul
Complete an order with the size of 12.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/d312d1dd8c85837863b4a5abb0896713.png?v=1389892994&vv=1391116119
On The Road Again
Buy 20 upgrades.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/473c9ed93061a2ddc3946bf664a08d5f.png?v=1389893058&vv=1391115886
Big-Rig Wrecker
Earn all 20 gold medals.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15782/media/icon/9fafd47ef8461541eed8d7456c8115ef.png?v=1389893032&vv=1391116091
Stuffed Mattress
Have $10,000 on hand at one time.
Hardness: Hard

• 109 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

We do do some manual awarding. This quest, however, seems to be more widespread. We will likely deactivate it in the near future, as the developer is unable to fix the issue.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

So, does deactivate mean just erase it from the roster of quests?

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

yes happend only 1 time if not mistaken, this will be #2 Pretty good of AG 2/899 ( @bakkart

PsihAL
PsihAL
11 posts
Marquis

"One Gold Star" and "Big-Rig Wrecker" are still broken.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

yes happend only 1 time if not mistaken
'

Its happened more times than that lol, and there are dozens more that should be deactivated as well for being broken in a widespread way. (I rarely report a quest bug unless I see at least 10 other people report it, my personal rule).

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

We do do some manual awarding.

Odd, that's the opposite of what admins on the site have said before, to my self and to other people. I've asked for manual awarding on literally scores of occasions without receiving any (and I've seen hundreds of other requests from other players without seeing any activated). To be quite honest, at one point I set the goal of trying to complete every quest on the site (I had over 50% completion at one point), but gave up on this goal because of how high the malfunction rate is and how it seems that most bug reports of quests are ignored and never fixed.

I have posted photos numerous times, including the recent bear in super action quests, and haven't been granted the quests.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sadly @Erile, you seem to assume a lot of things, but do not think through on the matters...

Admins will manually award specific Quests that seem to be bugged for some users, but are not malfunctioning for every user. This is Quest-specific and does not mean you will automatically receive every Quest manually by posting that it doesn't work. This would defeat the entire purpose of achieving the Quests by playing the games... sometimes a little perseverance is needed, sometimes it is due to a browser that does not function well for a specific game, which can be solved by using another browser f.e.

If you say that hundreds of others requested for Quests to be manually awarded, I would like to have the location (or some of the locations if there are more) of these requests and I can take a look. But I do have to add that it seems improbable that you checked every single of these profiles for Quest awarding...

The malfunction rate of Quests is actually really low, compared to the complex programming added to the games to be fair... bug reports are not ignored and will be fixed as soon as possible. If a Quest is indeed broken and can not be fixed, it will be taken down, which has not happened more than once.
If you can provide the data on which Quests have been taken down, I would be grateful to you. Even more grateful if you could direct me to the specific Quests that seem to be broken and you feel should be taken down. If the Armor Games Staff can fix them, they will!

And last, but not least... the "Bear in Super Action Adventure" Quests are all functioning properly like they should. There are no other reports about them not unlocking or being bugged... the only thing one needs to keep in mind is that a fresh game can be required for the first Quests to unlock, as they are located at fixed points in the game's programming, which means a mid-play save file has already passed that unlocking point.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Sadly @Erile, you seem to assume a lot of things, but do not think through on the matters...

This is not only factually false, but incredibly rude and insulting... My statements are directly based on statements from admins on this site. I have been told on AT LEAST 10 occasions that 'we do not manually award quests'. I have been asking about this for years on this site and have personally suggested it many times and seen it suggested/asked for many times. In all of those time, I have never seen an admin provide a manual quest reward or any form of positive validation for the process. If you have a problem with admins presenting variable information on the site, please do not take that out on me.

Admins will manually award specific Quests that seem to be bugged for some users, but are not malfunctioning for every user. This is Quest-specific and does not mean you will automatically receive every Quest manually by posting that it doesn't work. This would defeat the entire purpose of achieving the Quests by playing the games... sometimes a little perseverance is needed, sometimes it is due to a browser that does not function well for a specific game, which can be solved by using another browser f.e.

My standard of operation for reporting quest problems is as follows (I have stated all of this before):
1) I find that the quest is not working.
2) I see at least 10 people complain about it not working (through comment sections, on profiles, or in forum threads)
3) I test the game through multiple ArmorGames accounts on different computers through 3 different browsers.

I then post a screenshot proving the completion and ask for help/report its being broken. I encounter roughly that 5% of quests on the site have problems.

I am the type of person who does nothing in small values and tests everything to extremes. I do not post anything lightly or frivolously and never have.

If you say that hundreds of others requested for Quests to be manually awarded, I would like to have the location (or some of the locations if there are more) of these requests and I can take a look. But I do have to add that it seems improbable that you checked every single of these profiles for Quest awarding...

That is my observation after years of being on the site. This issue has been a personal crusade since the inception of quests on the site and to date I have never seen a response to any one of those requests. However, Admin responses to quest problems are extremely rare - many threads go for long periods with people begging for admin support with no answer. As I stated previously, that is why I gave up on the goal of completing all of the quests on the site.

And yes, I do check. Given that in my daily life I can go through hundreds of thousands of data points or might go through a thousand wiki pages and change one piece of code on every page manually, checking a few profiles on ArmorGames is a relatively minor endeavor.

And last, but not least... the "Bear in Super Action Adventure" Quests are all functioning properly like they should. There are no other reports about them not unlocking or being bugged... the only thing one needs to keep in mind is that a fresh game can be required for the first Quests to unlock, as they are located at fixed points in the game's programming, which means a mid-play save file has already passed that unlocking point.

I have completed the game five times. Four of which were after the quests were activated.

And yes, lots of people have reported quests not unlocking. You have to monitor the hundreds of comments under the game as most people on the site do not post these sorts of problems in the forums it seems. In fact, right now, on the FIRST page of comments under the game, there are 3 people that have reported them not working properly. That represents 6% of players having a problem.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It was not meant to be incredibly rude or insulting, merely the way I perceived your writing about several problems @Erile, but if you interpreted it as such, then I'm sorry and apologize for it.

As for the Quests being awarded manually, the Armatar Quest l, which unfortunately seems to be bugged for some users, is in fact awarded manually when asked for personally to an Admin by a user. Which is why I said that your statement was not correct...

I agree on the response on Quest bugs not being sufficient and will take the blame for that in name of the Staff and Mods. It is something that needs to be handled more efficiently and swiftly, which is why we are working on that right now... but you have to agree that it sometimes may take a little time to find out as to why a small percentage of users is having problems with Quests that unlock without a problem for the majority of users.

To continue on the hundreds of users requesting manual awarding, you somehow disregarded my comment on how it will defeat the entire purpose of achieving Quests... I'm hoping this did however come across nonetheless?

As for the "Bear in Super Action Adventure" Quests, it seems more than highly unlikely that someone plays a certain game with Quests for 5 times, on different computers, with multiple browsers and several accounts, and none of them unlock? You have to agree with me on that... if you run any adblocking programs or other plugins that prevent them from unlocking (f.e.), we can have a look and see if we can find the source, gladly! But the probability of this event happening is extremely strange, to say the least...

swindle333
swindle333
36 posts
Prince

@tasselfoot Will this quest be removed from people's profiles who already received the quest?

I am trying to get on the front page of the hero board, but only recently "completed" this quest (about 2 weeks ago), so it would be disappointing and ever more difficult if there were another quest I could never receive that others have.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@swindle333: If a quest is removed, it gets removed from everybody.

swindle333
swindle333
36 posts
Prince

Great, thanks for the fast reply

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@swindle333 you recieved the quest 2 weeks ago ??

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

MrDayCee, thanks for your responses so far. A few comments:

the Armatar Quest l, which unfortunately seems to be bugged for some users, is in fact awarded manually when asked for personally to an Admin by a user. Which is why I said that your statement was not correct...

That is an actual example of a quest I asked about previously and I still have not been awarded it. And before you ask, I changed mine back because I preferred the basic one.

you have to agree that it sometimes may take a little time to find out as to why a small percentage of users is having problems with Quests that unlock without a problem for the majority of users.

I totally agree, completely understand, and have no problem with that. But for most of my experiences, I find that one of two things happens: 1) reports are completely ignored (I posted about the Building Rush ones for 6 months before I gave up waiting for an answer) or 2) people just attack reporters and call them liars, which quite frankly are trolling posts that should be deleted fro the threads.

And while I am all for trying to figure out the problems with quests, Building Rush quests have been bugged for 18 months, and as far as I can tell have still not been fixed.

To continue on the hundreds of users requesting manual awarding, you somehow disregarded my comment on how it will defeat the entire purpose of achieving Quests... I'm hoping this did however come across nonetheless?

I view numbers like these as a matter of proportionality. Hundreds of people needing manual awarding is equivalent to a fraction of a percent of total players attempting to earn quests. I do not think that awarding quests to 0.1% or 0.01% of players is necessarily going to defeat the purpose of encouraging people to achieve them, especially since most of the people most likely to report problems in the forums are also the people most likely to try multiple times and have a legitimate problem before reporting it.

As for the "Bear in Super Action Adventure" Quests, it seems more than highly unlikely that someone plays a certain game with Quests for 5 times, on different computers, with multiple browsers and several accounts, and none of them unlock? You have to agree with me on that... if you run any adblocking programs or other plugins that prevent them from unlocking (f.e.), we can have a look and see if we can find the source, gladly! But the probability of this event happening is extremely strange, to say the least...

From my observations, I find that any game which has problems with more than one quest often has problems reported by users with many of its quests. As these games often have very unreliable quest recognition (you don't get it the first 5 times, but you get it the 6th), this appears to be a clearly established problem in the game code for achievement recognition. I have personally seen this for some games on the site where I can complete all of them no problem, but other people have massive problems getting any. Given that problems like this will be exacerbated for certain users, I don't find the fact that this happens odd at all. It might be low probability, but with hundreds of thousands of users, that guarantees that it will happen for a certain amount of people. (0.01% of 100,000 people is 10 people after all).

As for plug-ins that might block things, I don't run any that should cause any problems. I really don't use plug-ins as much as possible.

swindle333
swindle333
36 posts
Prince

@Andelhofs I did not receive the quest, just "completed" it.

Showing 76-90 of 109