ForumsWEPRDeath Penalty of Boston Bombing Suspect

26 13826
caiteyd13
caiteyd13
40 posts
Nomad

Federal prosecutors announced today that they were going to seek the death penalty for the Boston bombing suspect who is still alive. Do you think he deserves the death penalty or should he spend the rest of his life in jail? This article explains why they are seeking the death penalty http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/30/federal-prosecutors-seek-death-penalty-against-marathon-bombing-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev/C9wfpKi5WrETurHtqlTIMK/story.html

• 26 Replies
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Is this a death penalty that will have them on death row for 20 years or whatever or will it happen within a year or so?

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Death Penalty. I mean, he killed people. No person who kills innocent people should be allowed to live. I mean, this isn't a case where it was accidental, this guy bombed a marathon. This isn't like where someone accidentally pushes some guy down concrete stairs. Not only that, but he killed multiple people. I don't feel there's anything more to explain here.

Do you think if they were to just kill him, that he would actually pay for his crimes? If he is kept alive he can suffer for his crimes killing seems just like the best thing to happen from his point of view as they don't care about dying in the first place.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

He's going to pay for his sins after he dies. I don't want to bring religion into this though. But yes, I do believe that he should be given the death penalty. I just wish the death penalty would kill the criminal the same way they killed the victims. It would be much fairer that way.

Well and i am basing this on other terrorist views. That when they die anyway they will be met with an X amount of Virgins. If killing is a sin, then the ones who kills the killer for killing has also sinned? For this reason is how these terrorist do these things in the first place. They believe that America is harming their religion and by killing people they will be rewarded for killing instead of punished.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

No, it's only if it's the killing if innocents and/or it's unjustified. I mean, there's a difference between bringing someone to justice and terrorism. If they kill, they should die. In my opinion, you should only kill someone if they've killed someone else unjustly. The death penalty and murder are two different things. Again, this is just my opinion.

From their point of view they might think it is justified. That is why i am against it. Promoting that in certain circumstances that it is ok. If it is completely outlawed as a punishment then there can't be, from peoples view a justified way to kill anyone without consent (Like Euthanasia as an example.)

I am not saying that it will stop murders, as most are done from revenge or gain.

As for terrorism itself (not gong on to much about this or we will go off topic), we should not be involved with anything concerning the middle eastern countries. Let them deal with their own stuff and just look out for your countries people not those that hate you.

Not to mention that the U.S was warned about these 2 that they were to be under watch. That is another issue though.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

murder is never okay unless the victim is breaking into your home, threatening your life, or has killed someone and they are guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Under these circumstances when you are under threat. The Flight or Fight response kicks in. The intention of defending yourself is on your mind, not the killing of the person attacking you. If you do kill them in defense then your of-course not to blame since the attacker denied your right of life.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I'm not a fan of governments killing people.

killing seems just like the best thing to happen from his point of view as they don't care about dying in the first place.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wants to be seen as a martyr at this point.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah the reason my country got rid of the death penalty is because of the people later found innocent but was too late.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Yes he should die. Kill the dog.
But on the other hand, if he goes to jail for the rest of his life, I hope he gets passed around by the other inmates like street walker in a cheap Louisiana brothel. Then they should eventually beat his brains in.....

....and jump on them.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I personally believe that the whole event was government planned, so I don't think he deserves death. Especially seeing I wrestled him, it'd be kinda creepy thinking about it. XD

caiteyd13
caiteyd13
40 posts
Nomad

I think he should just be placed in solitary for the rest of his life. Let him rot there.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I personally believe that the whole event was government planned, so I don't think he deserves death.

Ahuh. Mind explaining why you think the government planned it?
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Ahuh. Mind explaining why you think the government planned it?

Let's not start a conspiracy debate.The reason most people jump to this is because of distrust of their governments. I don't blame that i don't trust governments either. Although i won't accuse them of something they haven't done though.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

if he is still classified as a suspect, then no. death penalty should only happen if it was 100 proven he is more then just a "suspect" and actually took part in everything. and even though death penalty i dont believe in it anyway. its more satisfying to put people like that in life in prison without chance of parole so they can be tortured in prison until the day they die

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

if he is still classified as a suspect, then no. death penalty should only happen if it was 100 proven he is more then just a "suspect" and actually took part in everything.

The reason i think he is a suspect is because the way the law is.You are innocent until proven guilty. Ofcourse he did do it though. He even did a robbery after and that is how they found them. Somehow he managed to escape police while his brother died. I think his brother did try to run him over aswell. He died though when he tried to escape police and was shot to death. The other brother fled and hid. Then when he got found was shooting at the police before they finally got him.

All of that along with footage would place them there. Also i think he has said the reason he did it aswell. If not guilty for that is amazing but there is alot of other crimes he has against him.
Showing 1-15 of 26