ForumsGamesCTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

1474 256749
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is the official Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack contest. You've come to the right place.

You're probably wondering how this contest works. Basically, we (the three judges) give you a theme at the beginning of each round, and you, the contestant, build a castle that follows the theme in some way. Then, so we can count your castle as an entry, take the link to that castle and post it in this thread. If it isn't posted in this thread by the deadline (and the deadline will always be a specific date and time), we will not be able to count it as an entry for that round.

If you've never built a castle before, or you want to brush up on your building skills, check out this guide made by @Arm_Candy.

This is a weekly contest, so each round will last 5 days, with 2 days being designated for judging. Every week, the theme will change and a new round will begin. Pretty easy to grasp.

Oh, and the winner of each round receives a merit, a spot in the CTC2PP Hall of Fame, and a rare quest that can only be earned through winning (or judging) a level building contest:

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/5/media/icon/d06fa73d7b7eaa626941288fc59ce86a.png?v=1398292205
-------------------------------------------------------------
RULES
Yes, there are rules. What did you expect?

Basic rules for this contest, written originally by @PrivatePapi for his old CTC contest:
1. Do not spam under any circumstance.
2. Only enter 1 castle for each category.
3. Do not ask either of us which category will be next.
4. Do not copy somebody else's castle if you do not have permission from him/her.
5. When entering for the contest, always submit your castle according to the current category.
6. Have fun!

And this section, written by @FishPreferred:
a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?
b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".
c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.
d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

And lastly, a few additional notes added by yours truly:
- The only castles you are allowed to post in this thread are contest entries. If you link to more than one castle, only the most recent one will be treated as an official entry, unless otherwise specified.
- All entries must be built specifically for the contest and for the current theme. You can't submit castles that you entered in previous rounds, or anything that was built before the beginning of the current round.

Looks like a lot of rules, but it's all intuitive. You'll have no trouble following these guidelines.
Optional: CODE
Some architects like to take things a step further and modify castle codes to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible in the regular editor mode. This method will not give you a significant advantage over other contestants, but it may be of interest if you want to play around with the editor a bit. Code modification is not a requirement for this competition.

How to modify castle codes by @SSTG.

If you don't modify castle codes or have any plans to in the future, you can skip over this next part.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CODERS: If you decide to use code-modified elements in an entry, take caution, for, although code-editing can be useful for certain details, excessive use of code-modified elements in an entry could lead to a deduction of points from the entry.
That's the contest in a nutshell. Just remember to check back every week for the results of each round, as well as the theme for the next round. I will post the theme for the first round after this post ends, so as not to confuse first-time submitters in the future.

And if you have any ideas for future themes, contact @CourtJester or myself or post your theme idea in the thread.

That certainly was a lot of words. Over 700 of them. It may seem like a lot to take in, but this contest is all about having fun, despite all these large blocks of text.

So get hyped, get building, and have fun with it!

Did I mention there's a merit prize to the winner of each round?

• 1,474 Replies
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

RULES FOR ROUND 28 - MAMMOTH IGLOOS
(Copied and pasted so it stands out in this lovely fuschia colour)

1) There must be one mammoth igloo on the map, made up of ice and wood. Thus use minimal wood on these things.
1a) All other buildings on the map can be constructed with any material.
1b) Use of protective walls and other defensive structures is permissible, but they must be constructed by the player; you cannot use foundation blocks or terrain as a barrier. They must not touch the igloos, either.

2) No acid, fire bombs, or BFRs on this map. I think that will make it more challenging.
2a) Any TNT used in the map must be exploded via trebuchet, i.e not by things burning or whatever.

3) Since we are dealing with igloos please do not locate your igloo in a desert, tropical or any other warm clime. We are talking cold, baby.

4) There are no minimum or maximum amounts of throws per map.

5) This is to be populated by only peasants and one royal of your choosing. One royal only!
5a) There must be a minimum of nine (9) peasants placed inside the igloo.
5b) Your royal must be cordoned off from the rest of the peasants, so barricaded within the igloo either by ice or wood.
5c) The total number of people should equal 10 at the very least.

6) These are mammoth igloos. A simple three ice-block igloo will not suffice. This is why I require 10 people at minimum, so the igloos can be large.

7) We will strike at nighttime only.

I hope these rules aren't too exhausting.

Deadline: Sept 22, 2014 midnight PDT

***Please note: In this modified version of the contest, the winner gets to select whatever theme he/she decides and as well, write the rules with no criticism. As it seems we have enough judges, the Winner can DECLINE to judge the event and enter a level if they so wish.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Id like to judge please. What are the instructions

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Id like to judge please. What are the instructions
I will contact you on your profile
CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Ok, the deadline for round 28 is this coming Tuesday. If you want to make a change to your entry, or accidentally submitted the wrong one, I suggest really getting a move on come Sunday. I'm glad to see people taking to the theme so well. Im having a lot of fun on these threads and enjoying all these castles by you folks. Is there a third game in the works?

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Is there a third game in the works?
Yes, and the theme depends on the winner of your challenge. There will be more entries I am sure on the ice challenge and I have seen a few but they have not posted to this thread.
CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Well I browsed the recent castles and saw several igloos.
Are you upset?

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I think this is a good theme because it's begging for us to think outside the box. Sure, it's only ice and wood, but Draco I already like some of your designs you've made... especially the one with the dome. Sure it isn't the most exciting theme but it's got to be different.

Anywho Ill try and make a level to lure ppl into the contest.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Sorry I mistook one of your posts. Forgive me Draco.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

IGLOO CONTEST ENDS TUESDAY

The first time I shared it we struck at daytime! BIG SLAP IN THE GENERAL's FACE. This time it is correct. The nomadic madmen captured King Fletch and put him in a chilly wooden room within their quite impressive ice compound. Surrounded by two tall wooden towers, it's difficult to get a good shot. Keep your eyes sharp and your arms steady, let the trebuchet rain hell upon the evil scum.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

IGLOO CONTEST ENTRY 1.0

C0unt DracoMelaficus drives me crazy. I am posting an entry. Both Draco and Chess can vote. One slices the pie, the other gets to chose the piece! The Royal Knights of AG will decide the winner. As it is your theme CicadaChess, I will give you their votes on your profile. In fact, all who enter can vote because I know they know who is best!

This is about fun! Enjoy!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Ha ha ha - There are some good entries! Limnxy's includes acid but you are supposed to ignore that according to the rules. I destroyed it in accordance with his weapon count. ha ha ha!

Limnxy
Limnxy
53 posts
Nomad

Too bad The Cold Room is getting so few likes. I guess it's too challenging. Shame, that arch took ages to build. On my computer It stands for over 3 minutes.

This will be my contest entry, if you will take into consideration the acid violation?

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I liked the Cold Room. I think it's challenging for sure, and that's what I hoped this theme would bring. Maybe people are intimidated by the 1 throw limit, thinking they have to demolish the entire thing... good job, though!

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Can't you just enjoy the contest the way it is instead of bickering about it every day? Listen, if you're not happy with it then just stay out of the contest. And as far as I know other rounds have had many rules too; it isn't like this one is so hard. Most of the rules are simple: put it at night time, no acid,fire,or BFR, and a structure made of ice and wood. I don't see how this round is asking too much.

And I seem to remember earlier rounds when other judges gave over control to you Draco, seeing as you like to speak your mind so often.

I like your stuff Draco, but I think you need to relax a little bit. Every day you're on here saying 'Im out' or 'CJ needs to do this or that', or whatever. Let's just play this game and maybe the contest needed to change .Who knows.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

@Limnxy I thought your map Cold Room was great, but I think your Blood Island one was a beauty. That was yours, wasn't it? Whichever you choose to submit for the entry is fine, just make sure you've finalized it by tomorrow.

To all others here is how I will judge your igloos:

-Did you adhere to the rules; i.e. materials, projectiles, scenery, etc.
-How creative is your igloo and surrounding structures.
-Difficulty in destroying the igloo.

I like what I see so far except for insulting maps like "Contest is Bullpoopy".

I joined this contest because I thought it would be fun. This is a great place to be creative and share ideas.

Showing 481-495 of 1474